I am 19 and I have a BMI of 40 and currently weight 247 am I eligible age and weight wise for laser lipo (photo)

Laser Liposuction/Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction

You may get some fat reduction with liposuction, however, liposuction is not weight loss surgery. You are of legal age and can make your own decisions about elective surgery. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss what liposuction can and cannot do for you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Weight Loss

Liposuction is not a weight loss tool.  It can be used for body shaping and contouring of small problem areas or those who want an athletic look.  But is not for those who are overweight.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

Liposuction will only address fat under the skin. It is intended for stubborn fat and not as s substitute for weight loss overall.

Removal of stubborn belly fat can jump start weight loss results from diet and exercise.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.