Is 700cc saline too small for a d cup?

I am 20 at a 36 B 175lbs and I'm 5'3 and I want full D or dd cup size is 700cc saline to small or just what I want?

700 is very large

You should seek a consultationh from a board certified plastic surgeon. Besides height and weight, it also will depend on your weight distribution and size of your torso. 700cc saline implants are usually overfilled by a few ccs.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a size choosing a surgeon, getting the best outcome

You may find it hard to locate a surgeon that will fulfill your wishes.  This doesn't mean that size is wrong for you, it just means you have to keep looking for the right surgeon.  The best way to determine the size that fits your personal perception of the perfect breast is to try on sizers. This way you can see how they fit on you, how they add to your current volume, and whether they fit your frame. Although the surgeon can guide you, only you will be able to tell what is the right size. Try on sizers. HP implants, which are a more modern shape than moderate profile implants, fit most women better. They have a more appropriate base diameter for the average women's chest. Mentor HP profile saline implants have base diameters that range from 8.8 cm (very narrow) to 13.8 cm (moderately wide). The majority of women in my practice have base diameters in the 11 to 13 cm range. The HP implants fit them well. The moderate implants have much wider base diameters for the same volume (often in the 14 to 15.6 cm range). These implants are too wide for most women that I treat. So when the base diameter is measured and correlated with the diameter of the implant, it is most often necessary to use HP implants to achieve the volume the patient is requesting. At the volume selected, my patient's base diameters are too small for moderate profile implants. Measuring a diameter and then telling the patient what volume they can have (in high, moderate or moderate plus implants) in my mind is backwards. The patients should be allowed to choose the volume. Then the surgeon carefully considers the base diameter, projection, profile, manufacturer, and fill material that will achieve the patients goals of size as well as qualitative look (natural, intermediate, or bold upper pole fullness or projection), all the while taking into consideration the patient's anatomic features that will affect the outcome. HP implants can be made to look very natural or very augmented, depending on where in the range the implants are filled to achieve a particular volume. At the low end of the fill range, HP implants do not have the upper pole fullness that most people associate with the fake look. On the other hand, a fake over-augmented look can be created with a moderate profile implant if it is overfilled (a common practice for surgeons that commonly use moderate profile implants). In addition, too wide an implant will put the volume past the anterior axillary fold (side boob), which in my opinion, looks more fake than upper pole fullness. So there are many factors that need to be considered. The experience of the surgeon and the degree to which they explain the options to you is of utmost importance. Obviously all of my patients look at photographs and we evaluate the look they are desiring in great detail. For me, high profile implants are the first choice. I rarely find an indication to use moderate or moderate plus implants. This does not make me a better surgeon, or a worse surgeon. Look at the outcomes and judge for yourself. Beware of surgeons that openly criticize another colleague's approach or their practice. It is unprofessional at best. The outcomes should stand on their own. The subtlety in the final outcome is not achieved by which profile implant is used, it is determined by the skill in the creation of the pocket, the choice of volume, and where in the range the implant is filled. If you try sizers on and like the 700, that is the right choice. Don't let the doctor tell you what would look good on you. They cannot tell what you perceive to be the best size.

700 cc implants for a D cup?

Given your height and weight, I would say that 700 cc implants would make you look top-heavy and out of proportion.  Of course, an in-person exam is essential before choosing implant size or even deciding on the type of procedure that would best suit you.

Michael Leff, MD (retired)
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

I appreciate your question.
The best way to figure out implant size is by measuring your chest wall.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Size

No one over the internet can tell you what size specifically you need without an examination., However, a 700 cc implant is very large, especially for someone who is 5'3". I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and trying on 700 cc sizer so you can see the size and feel the weight. Please listen to your doctor's advice about what size would be best for your tissue and frame.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing using sizers for breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, thank for your height and weight and breast size estimates, they do help. There is really no way to accurately predict what size you would like without an examination. During your examination and consultation, you should try on some sample sizes and see what you are comfortable with. Then the PS can help explain with the size and current condition of your breasts.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

D cup

It is hard to determine the size of implants without examining you and measuring the size and shape of your chest.  There are also different profile of implants that can be considered. I recommend my patients to bring in a photograph of what they like and that makes it easier to determine the size and style of the implant that is used in surgery.

D cup size

Though achieving a D cup from a B cup size is reasonable, 700 cc saline implants in my opinion are very very large and likely to lead to eventual skin and breast tissue thinning and stretching and future problems.  Please watch the video below to learn a bit about the side effects of large implants.You may come to regret choosing such a large implant in the future when you see or feel rippling and waviness caused by the thinning and stretching of your breast tissues.  Best of luck with your choices....

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implants

Thank you for your question.  You need to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon who will perform a physical evaluation of your anatomy.  Please be sure to clearly communicate your surgical goals with him or her.  It is very difficult to predict cup size before surgery but you should be able to "try on" implant sizes to see what you like best.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

700cc

Don't dwell on the 'number', but rather look at what the 'look' is--that is a more realistic goal and will better achieve the result you are looking for. Best.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon