Gurgling noise over a year post op!

I had my surgery March 2014 with Natrelle silicone implants, everything has been fine up until today when I noticed a gurgling noise coming from my left breast! I heard gurgling noises are normal right after surgery but this has been over a year and it is freaking me out! There is no swelling or pain and it doesn't look like the shape has changed, whats going on?!

Speak to your plastic surgeon

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should go see your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative concerns.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Gurgling sounds after breast augmentation

Gurgling noises can be heard after breast augmentation early on, but I have had patients with late onset of this condition.  I would recommend an MRI to assess the BA.  Hope this helps.

Breast Gurgling

It is not uncommon to hear or feel a fluid sound immediately after surgery and even up to a few weeks after surgery. What you are describing in unusual. I would suggest you see your surgeon and have them evaluate the issue. Good luck. Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Noise after Breast augmentation

It is normal to sometimes have the sense of noise just after Breast augmentation but is not as common this far out. The best advise would be to go visit your local plastic surgeon to make sure everything is okay. Good luck.

Dr Hedden

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Gurgling

You are correct to have some concerns about a new noise this far out from surgery. It would require an examination and possibly an ultrasound or other imaging to diagnose the issue.  Talk to your plastic surgeon about the concerns. Best wishes. 

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Gurgling noise over a year post op!

Hi, kelizabeth88.  You are right that a noise after pre-operative period is normal.  A little amount of fluid that was left after surgery would be reabsorbed within 1-2 weeks.  However, fluid collection after a year is not normal.  Please visit your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Gurgling noise over a year post op!

Thank you for the question. I am afraid that this question cannot be answered without the aid of an in-person examination. I would recommend that you return to your original plastic surgeon, if possible. This will allow for an in-person evaluation and possible follow up with imaging studies if deemed necessary. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Gurgling sound

Gurgling sounds require an air fluid interface. Please seek counsel from your ps to look for a late Seroma. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Noise after augemntation

It looks like you've done your research and the noise you describe is normal early in healing but not a year out. There is fluid in your pocket, the question is what kind of fluid and why. Only an in person exam +/- imaging will get to the bottom of it. Contact your surgeon for an Evaluation. Best of luck.