What parts of my face and what fillers should I use for a feminine face? I am working on my male to female transition. Thank you

My goal is to have a very smooth feminine face that matches with my height, 5'11 and body weight, of 180. I have very long legs, arms and a larger upper body.

Doctor Answers 5

FFS MTF Transition

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi There and thank you for your questions and photos which are very helpful.  Firstly, you have lovely eyes and a great mouth/smile!  I like to ask my patients what they see in the mirror which makes them look male!  Once I understand your goals then we can work out together a surgery plan to achieve these goals.  From your photos - you may benefit from brow contouring, hairline lowering and brow lift.  To enhance you cheeks the options would be fat grafting or implants.  Your nose can be feminized by reducing the size and refining the tip.  Your chin can be softened, to make it more refined.  I recommend that my patients have 3D simulation images to give you the best visualization of your face and your goals in order to plan your FFS.  Hope that this is helpful and best of luck.

FFS recommendations

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Fillers can alter some areas, such as your cheeks and lips, but for dramatic facial changes (making a face more feminine), this generally will require bony augmentation, such as with surgery. 

To create a more feminine face, often the jaw and shaved and the angles and the chin is shaved to have a more smooth contour. Also, a rhinoplasty can create a more petite nose. There is nothing better than an in-person exam to see what would be best for you, so I recommend getting a plastic surgery consultation. 

All the best in your journey,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Fillers can't change your bone structure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think you need to ask "what are the best things I can I do to make myself look more feminine?"  Your brow is strong and very masculine followed by your jaw and nose.  There is no good way to actually reduce your brow with filler.  You can add juvederm or restalyne to your cheeks (the front of your cheeks under your eyes).  Full cheeks are very feminine, and they will help to balance your strong brow and make it look smaller.  You can also add some Juvederm ultra to the top of the bridge of your nose (the radix) and this will make your bow look smaller. Filling your lips with Juvederm can also look feminine.  If you want to have a significant amount of filler placed by a skilled physician, though, it will add up quickly.  Often surgery will be the best and cheapest way to reach your goals.  Have a face to face discussion with a surgeon who both performs facial feminization and injects fillers.  They can help you decide the best way to reach your goals.

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

What parts of my face and what fillers should I use for a feminine face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  Hi, based upon the attached photos, Perlane to fill out the front of the cheeks so that they are more full and round would feminize the entire face.  You have quite a strong, square chin as well as a large nose that will continue to portray an angularity, to the face which is perceived as masculine.  Rhinoplasty at some point should be considered to refime and feminize the nose.  Cheek Implants, of course, would be the next logical step for a permenent cheek enhancement.  Hope this helps.  

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Fillers for facial feminiziation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is difficult to assess based on your photographs which fillers would be best suited to provide the results you desire.  There are various fillers on the market, each of which has their own particular characteristics.  An evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon can help you to understand what your options are.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.