Is it possible for me to get 340cc? (photos)

When I first met with my doctor he stated that due to my body size and what not 325cc silicone implants would be best for me. I REALLY REALLY want bigger. I really want at least 340cc... it's been a few weeks now, and Thursday is my last meeting before my surgery and im praying he will agree to meet me half way with 340. I'm scared I'm gonna wake up from surgery and their gonna say they could only fit 300cc or something. I would be so depressed. ps I'm 5'3, 22 years old no kids, and 110 pounds.

Is it possible for me to get 340cc?

I believe it is possible, however, I would need to know your chest measurements to be sure. I have placed implants much larger than 340cc in patients who appear as small as you. The difference in a 325 cc and 340 cc is very little and would be hardly noticeable. You may need Ultra-High Profile implants to fit your body size if you want to go larger than the recommended 325cc.

Ask your PS to show you the various implant charts with the dimensions for the various sizes to see if this would work. 

It's important that you express to your PS your expectations. I'm sure he/she wants you to be happy also. No one wants an unhappy patient.

Good luck with your procedure.

325cc vs 340cc

A 325cc would give you a very nice-- and noticeable-- improvement (see attached web reference below).  There a very few instances where an additional 5% increase in volume would do harm.   The width of that implant is only a few millimeters more than the 325.  Anytime you use am implant width wider than your natural base width, there can be long term consequences.  Most women in South Florida request implants that are wider than there natural base width.  You should discuss again your concerns with your local BCPS.  Good luck!

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. A physical exam is really needed to make any meaningful recommendations. Generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Not too small

I think this is soemthing you need to communicate to your surgeo.Think of the breast as a balloon,the more air you put in the balloon the bigger and HARDER and more unnatural it will be.This is a choice.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Wanting larger implants

Hello, the difference in your recommended versus desired implant size is less than 5% which is quite small.  If you have another followup appointment with your PS, you will have the opportunity to discuss the impact that this might have in terms of your final result and your risk of complications.

Wanting Larger #BreastImplants

First of all, the 15 cc you are arguing over is only one third of a shot glass. If you want a larger look than what your surgeon is offering, get a different opinion. There is not only one option with this procedure, and if your surgeon wont budge, find someone else. And, the imaging leaves you with a significant gap between your breasts. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Shape and dimensions are much more important than cc's or simple size in breast augmentation

It looks like you are planning your surgery with a round highly projecting implant in a sub pectoral or dual-plane position which will give you the typical "augmented" look with widely spaced/separated and very round breasts.  My preference is to create a much more natural appearance that starts near midline and has soft slopes that blend with the body.  For this reason I use a technique called Cold-Subfascial Breast AugmentationR and anatomically shaped implants.  I agree with what other surgeons have said that the size difference you are considering is negligible.  If you like the separated and round appearance of the simulation you will likely be happy either way but if you want a more natural appearance you will have to rethink the plan.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Is it possible for me to get 340cc?

A few issues. First using computer generated results are faulty vs real life ones. Plus that 325 cc result looks to small. Second adding only 15 cc's more is still not enough, I recommend going to 400 cc's at least. Best to seek additional in person consultations with only boarded PSs. 

15cc more

The difference between 325 and 340 is a mere 15cc. The implant dimensions are almost the same. If you tell your surgeon that you want the 340cc in a strong and respectful manner, I think they will agree. Its not as though you are demanding a jump to 500cc. Also, your photos demonstrate that you should be able to accept a 340. Discuss it with your PS. If you have a trusting relationship I am sure you can work it out. Good luck and be well.

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible for me to get 340cc?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  
 Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice (regarding specific breast implant size/profile) to be truly helpful. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. In bra sizers can be useful communication tools also. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.