Is flex distortion normal? Does it need correcting? Will it worsen if untreated? (Photo)

Saline 350cc MP subm placement. I have flex distortion when using my pec muscles and a dark indented horizontal line pulling on the Left breast. Is this normal? I have had 2 revisions (capsulorraphy, capsulectomy, capsulotomy) and they are still not right. They feel tight and are not soft. Is my body rejecting these implants? Do my breasts look right in the pre-flex pic?

Animation Deformity of the Breast after Augmentation Mastopexy

First of all,,,,,  There is NO Such thing as Implant Rejection!   IT DOESN'T EXIST!   It is a very commonly misused term!   You cannot reject implants.    You can get an infection.  You can get a capsular contracture.   But, your body can not reject a silicone implant!   
Secondly.   If you have a capsular contracture, especially a recurrent contracture, there are effective ways of treating this, that are nearly 100% effective.  However, that will not likely have any affect on your animation deformity.  animation deformity is more related to scar tissue within your breast tissue and its connection to your muscle.  I have seen this resolve entirely with aggressive massage techniques.   

Muscle distortion

is one of the shortcomings of going under the muscle.  But the advantages clearly outweigh this problem.  Your history is complex and complicated with your many contracture issues.  Without knowing how you were treated, its difficult to say what to do next.  If you haven't used new implants and new pockets, you should ask your surgeon about that.  And at some point, when does this insanity of trying for perfect breasts end and this needs to be balanced with your desires.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is flex distortion normal? Does it need correcting? Will it worsen if untreated?

It looks like you have a moderate to severe case of animated breasts. I am also concerned about your recurring cc

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Animation deformity

Thank you for the photos and question and the distortion you are seing is not unusual but I am more concerned about the recurrence of capsular contracture which can be treated with an ADM and the deformation corrected at the same time.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD