Chemical burn to my lip. How long until it's better? (Photo)

I had Zoom whitening done yesterday. All the normal precautions were taken to cover my gums, etc. However, something went wrong and I ended up with a chemical burn to my upper lip. It is swollen and hurts a bit, but mostly it's just uncomfortable. Eating is hard as well. I'm unable to take Benadryl as I'm breastfeeding my baby and that messes with my milk supply. Any idea how long this will last and if there is anything I can do to promote healing? It's bad enough that I don't want to go out.

Your lip

Hi, sorry to hear about your results after zoom. You can use Vitamin E to expedite the healing as long as you are not allergic to it.

Los Angeles Dentist

Chemical burn

Hi;

Sorry to hear about your situation.  Unfortunately some of the bleaching material hit your lip during the procedure.  It normally takes 7-10 days for the swelling to go away.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist