Has anyone healed from Thermage damage? I was considering all therapy, but that sounds twice as bad.

I lost all the fat on my face and I lost all my self esteem, I was a beautiful woman. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do or who I'm supposed to talk to you after severe Thermage damage?

Thermage and facial atrophy

Thermage is a great laser for skin tightening.  Thermage's mechanism of action is through radiofrequency heat.  I have not seen a case of facial atrophy from Thermage.  Ultherapy is similar in principle to Thermage in that it is designed to tighten the skin.  It sounds like you need volumization which may best be accomplished through Voluma or Sculptra.  Please consult a medical dermatologist who specializes in cosmetics as well to ascertain what is the origin of the fat lost and what is the best course of action.

Damage from Thermage

Thermage can be an effective treatment for skin tightening and collagen stimulation.  It is designed to NOT penetrate into the deep layers below the skin where the fat is located and could be melted .  That being said, I can't comment about your specific experience with the device.  Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to lift and tighten the area of the deepest skin layers and below and has in some cases resulted in facial fat loss so it's always best to go to a practice that specializes in aesthetic medicine and where the treatments are performed frequently by well trained staff or doctors.

It sounds however like you have lost volume and fat in your face and would benefit from volume, shaping and contouring of the face to restore a natural and refreshed appearance.  Sculptura may be an excellent option for this but without photos and evaluating your skin texture and tone in person, it's not possible to give you an exact opinion.  However, there are many excellent treatments for loss of fat in the face so you shouldn't be discouraged.  Ultherapy, however, is probably not the answer unless you only need lifting and tightening.

I hope that helps and best of luck.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon