I'm 24 years old with deep nasolabial folds on the right side of the face: What is the possible permanent solution? (Photo)

I went to one plastic surgeon who injected hyaluronic acid which didn't improve a fold at all just made it look worse as now it looks like I got a lump on my cheek. What would be the best treatment (best permanent)? And what is the best clinic for it?

Doctor Answers 4

Lump after hyaluronic acid injection

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
So, the treatment of a lump after injection of a hyaluronic acid is pretty straightforward.  You can use hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid, to remove the bulge. 
As far as a permanent treatment of the fold, I would not recommend it.  There is an adage - Permanent fillers cause permanent problems.  Use a filler that will provide a great result, but also has a great safety profile.  The thicker hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm Ultra Plus and Perlane work well here.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Nasolabial folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Permanent products may not be the best, although fat is reasonable. I like to use hyaluronic acid fillers conservatively to soften them. Everyone has nasolabial folds, and they should.  Perhaps they shouldn't be too deep and that is the goal.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Permanent solution for deep smile lines

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I really wouldn't suggest something "permanent". Here's the issue: when we put something permanent in, like a cheek implant, when you are as young as you are, your face is going to continue to age around it. I promise that when you are in your mid-30's that cheek implant is going to look bizarre and weirdly placed. So I would just suggest some fillers be done. Your lines are not excessive or deep!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

You might also like...

Deep smile lines

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A permanent fix is tough to say.  I think you probably would need something to fill in your cheek above the folds to pull the folds up.  Usually filler is done for this purpose, but that would not be permanent.  Cheek implants would be  a consideration.  Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.