Lumps after belotero, (photo)

I got one full styringe of belotero on my lips . I have had juvidern before from the same doctor and I had a lump that would not go away - had to have it removed with the medicine , now the same Doctor told me belotero is much different and I won't experience bumps it's been two days and I have a huge bump that I feel will not be going away . I barely bruise or get swollen so I don't think it's from swelling ..should I massage it? Could it be the doctor is not good/or is it me? What should I do?

Belotero and swelling

Firstly both Belotero and Juvederm are top line products, one of the best for lip augmentation. Now, lumps and bruising are very common following fillers in this area. I can not comment on the injection technique, however product wise, you are in good hands. Swelling can take up to 10 days to subside, your Doctor would have told you that. If there are lumps at the 2 week mark, they can be dissolved with an enzyme called Hyaluronidase. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Lip filler results

Bruising and swelling is common after lip filler injection and is often hard to differentiatefrom misplaced filler in the first few days after treatment. I would recommend waiting 7-14 days to see if the lumps improve. If they do improve, then they were likely due to swelling or bruising. If they do not improve, then they were probably due to poor injection technique and misplacement of the filler. In the case of the latter, the lumps will improve with massage and/or hyaluronidase injection. I recommend discussing your concerns with your treating physicians. Please make sure he/she is an experienced injector.

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. Massage may help decrease the size of the bump. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Belotero Lumps

I would recommend waiting until 10-14 days post injection.  If that lump still remains, I recommend massaging it between your fingers twice a day.  The lump should decrease with massage.  If it does not, and you are still unhappy with the results (usually at 2 weeks post injection), you should follow up with the practitioner who injected you.  At that point they can dissolve it with hyaluronidase.  Best of luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero and Swelling/Bumps -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase

Massage may help decrease the size of the bumps. I suggest waiting two weeks for optimal results, but after this time if you are unhappy reverse with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer

Belotero bump

Wait a full 7 - 10 days then reevaluate it. If its still lumpy, then have it removed with hyaluronidase

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Belotero and Lump

It appears that the lump is from the product.  I would apply gentle massage and if it does not resolve have it injected with Vitrase. All products that you injected can cause lumps.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Bump in lip after Belotero

It is too soon after your treatment to determine if this bump will go away or not. It could be swelling or product or both. Wait at least 7-10 days to re-evaluate it. In the meantime, you can massage and apply ice. If it's not going away with time, it is product and may need to be dissolved if not aesthetically acceptable. I would consider a second opinion the next time you fill your lips if you have had issues after the first two treatments.

Katherine Zamecki, MD, FACS
Danbury Oculoplastic Surgeon