How long after weight loss surgery do I have to wait until BBL? (photo)

How long do I have to wait to get a bbl after weight loss surgery I want to get the sleeves gastric surgery but I dont want to wait a whole year to do it 2014 I want to do my sleeves and 2015 I want to do my bbl is that safe can it be done or is it to much or should I wait im 5"4 270 or more I want to be 175 -180 at the most I think anything less will look crazy

How long after weight loss surgery do I have to wait until BBL?

I would suggest that you wait until you have reached your long-term stable weight prior to seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of examples  achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. 

Then, communicate your goals carefully. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with the operations discussed. Achieving realistic expectations will be important as well.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider options.   Best wishes.

Sleeve surgery and BBL

Thank you for your question and for your pictures! I suggest you wait a healthy year before having any type of fat transfer after weight loss surgery. You want to first reach your ideal weight and then schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Best of luck to you!

Melinda Lacerna, MD, FACS

Surgery After weight loss

Hi Dear:

You should wait until you reach a stable weight, then we can work with you, look for a certified plastic surgeon to help you. Good luck.

Dr. Silvia Aviles
Dominican Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

Thank you for your question, we regularly advice to wait at least a year after having a gastric sleeve, mostly because you will be loosing a lot of weight due to the procedure, and any fat transfer will be lost as well during that period. Once you have lost all the weight needed after the gastric sleeve we can do the procedure, however when loosing a lot of weight there's also loose skin, I would advice doing the tummy tuck along with the Brazilian butt lift for better results.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery after massive weight loss

hello. Surgery after massive weight loss you must wait at least one year and three months stable  in  your ideal weight.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Sleeve and BBL

Once you get your sleeve, you need to wait until your weight stabilizes before you undergo other procedures. Good luck.  

After Weight loss surgery timing

It is usually recommended to wait at least 6 months after stabilizing after the rapid weigh loss period this patients go through.
It varies greatly from patient to patient, but it is advisable to start looking into your options for reconstruction not sooner than 6 months after the bariatric procedure was performed.

Carlos Castaneda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon