Got Epi LASIK done 16 days back, my left eye is 20/20 but my right is 20/30, is this normal?

How long do you think it will take for it be 20/20 in both eyes. It's quite unsettling, just want more opinions to ease myself mentally.

LASIK healing

Yes, this is normal.  Your eyes may take anywhere from three to six months to fully heal.  Your eyes may heal at different rates especially if the prescription between your eyes were different prior to surgery.  A small difference in vision between your two eyes will not harm your eyes.  On a day-to-day basis you have both eyes open, working together, and functionally speaking you most likely aren’t experiencing any issues.  I would just be patient and continue scheduled exams with your surgeon.

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Different Vision after Epi LASIK

There is generally slower healing after epi-LASIK.    Even with perfectly treated eyes, the healing can vary and the outcome can vary between the eyes.   There can be a number of reasons, but the most common is an over or undersresponse or an inaccurate refraction prior to surgery.   A refraction is based on objective (automate machine-autorefractor) and subjective responses (is it better one or two).   If you confused "better" for "smaller and darker"  you may be overcorrected.   Sometimes doctors target for a minor undercorrection and sometimes despite targeting for no residual refractive error (plano or no prescription) this result is not achieved.   If you are presbyopic (over 45) it may serve you well if you are undercorrected in one eye.   The best advice is to have the doctor determine the result of the disparity and decide the best course of action.  Your options may include glasses, a contact lens, more time, no further treatment (adjust), or a retreatment.  We generally wait months before considering a retreatment to allow for full healing.

David Malitz, MD
Evansville Ophthalmologist