Can Belotero be used on the nose?

I am trying to disguise some contour irregularities on my nose. Is Belotero safe for this use?

How do you treat contour deformities of the nose with facial fillers ? Buffalo Niagara, NY

Belotero is safe to use on the nose or for other areas such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines and tear troughs under the eyes ... but, if you would like to reshape contour irregularities of the nose such as the bridge of the nose, Radiesse may be a better filler option.

Again, an in person examination is ideal for best guidance. 

Belotero for Non-surgical nose job?

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid filler, so it is safe to use on the nose. However, the formulation of Belotero is more ideal for filling in smile lines, marionette lines, lip lines, and under the eyes. Other fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Radiesse may be better choices to treat the nose.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Belotero is safe and effective when injected properly to contour the nose

Being a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler, Belotero is just as safe and effective for filling defects and camouflaging irregularities on the nose as the other HA fillers.  Some fillers will perform better in some locations than others, and most experienced injectors will learn over time what the strong and weak points of each filler are.  You would do best to schedule a consultation with an experienced physician board certified in an aesthetic specialty who can properly evaluate your nose and your goals and advise you properly on your options.  Good luck.

Belotero for the nose

To reshape bony areas of the face (nose/jawline/temples), the more robust, Calcium-based (like bone) filled RadiesseĀ® may be more appropiate.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Dermal Fillers for the nose

I have used a myriad of dermal fillers for the nose. The best filler is dependent on what area of the face and which result you are looking for. Belotero is a fine hyaluronic acid filler. If you need more volume in this area than Restylane is preferred. For the best cosmetic result please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial fillers.Ā 

Belotero for Non-surgical Nose Job

Most dermal fillers can be used safely on the nose when done in the right hands. The choice of filler usually comes down to the preference of the injector and the type of deformity that is being corrected. Belotero is not my first choice for a non-surgical nose job unless there are very superficial imperfections that need to be corrected. I primarily use Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus, depending on each individual case. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Belotero in contour irregularity

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler which is great for filling in fine lines, shallow depressed scars, and a variety of other indications.  While its use in the nose would be considered off-label, it may work well for some nasal contour deformities, and in the right hands, will provide excellent results.  Belotero doesn't have nearly as much lift as some of its HA counterparts (eg, Restylane, Juvederm) or the calcium hydroxyapatite filler Radiesse; also, Belotero will likely not last as long as the fillers listed previously.  It is easy to mold, and may be dissolved if necessary.  Look for an injector with an intimate knowledge of facial anatomy and vasculature, experience in injecting noses, and an artistic eye.  Please share with him or her your medical history, including any history of nasal surgery.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers & Volumizers Work Well For Nonsurgical Nose Jobs (Contouring & Shaping)

I have been performing nonsurgical rhinoplasties (aka nonsurgical rhinosculpturing, nonsurgical nose jobs) for about fifteen years. During that time, I have had the opportunity to use all the available fillers and volumizing fillers for this purpose and have found all to work. These have included Radiesse, Perlane and Juvederm UltraPlus XC, Belotero Balance and most recently Voluma XC. All, including the Belotero Balance that you are asking about, have worked well for improving a variety of nasal problems, including straightening bent noses, raising nasal tips, and fixing surface irregularities left by surgical rhinoplasty. 

However, I have found that Radiesse combined with Perlane L (which is usually my first choice in my Upper East Side Manhattan office) to give greater lift (when depressions, bent and saddle noses are the problem). I have also found this combination to last longer than when a single product, such as Restylane or Belotero Balance, are used. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available, I typically opt for Radiesse combined with Emervel Volume). 

An experienced board certified aesthetic physician should possess the expertise to choose what s/he feels is the best product or combination for your particular needs. When choosing a physician for nonsurgical nose jobs make sure to ask to see his/her befores and afters.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

#nonsurgical #rhinoplasty

Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero are the relatively safer fillers for the nose so the answer is "yes as long as you go to an experienced plastic surgeon who knows how to safely inject the nose and not overfill." 

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero in the nose

Belotero can be used to correct contour problems in the nose and nasal tip. Belotero is a safe hyaluronic acid filler. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS