Can I drink wine the day after having a skin graft on my calf?

Drinking after skin graft from Mohs

Alcohol is a blood thinner so if you have a large graft or very extensive procedure, it would be best to wait a few days. But if you're just having a bit of wine, it's ok.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Drinking after skin graft from Mohs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Drinking and Surgery

I suggest waiting 3-5 days before drinking again, as it can thin the blood and cause bleeding as well as impaired wound healing.  However, I have had plenty of patients who didn't want to follow those instructions/advice and they still had excellent outcomes.  You decide and/or speak with your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Drinking and Surgery

Acohol/Wine and Skin Graft

Alcohol is a blood thinner and can increase the risk of bleeding in the immediate post-operative period. I advise my patients to avoid it for the first few days but check with your surgeon who performed the procedure.

Acohol/Wine and Skin Graft