My vagina doesn't look normal is there loose skin? (photo)

My lady area seems to look not normal as I'm scarred to have sex as I get uncomfortable on what they may say this may just be me? I would like to no if it is an normal looking vagina and If I have loose skin please be honest as I would like to know what is normal and if I'm just hiding away for no reason thank you for your help also my flaps look very not normal please take a look

What do normal labia look like?

Thank you for your question. Because all women are unique in their features, there is no real definition of labia. Labia can vary significantly in thickness, color, length, and symmetry. Your pictures appear healthy and youthful. Often, patients request a labiaplasty when their labia interfere with activities such as exercise or wearing specific clothing. Large labia can cause chaffing or trapping of the labia limiting those activities. Other reasons for requesting a labiaplasty include feeling insecure with intimacy or because of changes with age and loss of a youthful appearance. These are all acceptable reasons.
Should you decide to pursue a labiaplasty, I highly recommend that you identify a surgeon that is trained in vaginal reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. Not all plastic surgeons or gynecologists have specialized training in these procedures and is not one to take lightly when choosing your surgeon.

What do normal labia look like?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The "normal" vagina.

As with most body parts, there is a great deal of anatomical variation when it comes to the female external genitalia.  With the proliferation of sexually explicit material, patients are now much more concerned about the appearance of their genitals.  This has led to an increase in the number of labiaplasty procedures in recent years. 

Based on your pictures it appears that your labia fall well within the "normal" range.  That does not mean, however, that you are not a good candidate for a labiaplasty procedure.  If you feel embarrassed or self conscious about your appearance, you should seek a consultation from a plastic surgeon who is experienced with labiaplasty procedures to express your concerns.   The surgery will not only give you more confidence, it can also improve symptoms of discomfort that you might be having.

The "normal" vagina.

"Normal" Labia

There is a wide range of "normal" labia. Enlarged labia that swell and interfere with sex and other physical activities, may not serve you well. Patients who have these complaints will benefit from a reduction labiaplasty for both cosmetic and functional improvements. You may consider seeing a surgeon in your area who has experience doing labiaplasty procedures should you choose to have treatment.

Lori Warren, MD
Louisville Urogynecologist

"Normal" Labia

Lori Warren, MD
Louisville Urogynecologist

My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal

First of all it is important to understand that there is a wide range of “normal” when it comes how the labia should appear.

Women come to my office all the time wanting to look “normal” and we have to discuss what they are trying to achieve with their surgery.

You are well within the range of normal. There is currently a trend where woman do not like the appearance of the additional tissue that hangs below he vagina. At times this extra skin can interfere with intercourse or cause pain with exercise but most commonly it is just and aesthetic preference for woman.

My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal

Does my vagina look normal?

Your external genitalia appear absolutely normal, based on the photos that you submitted. There is such a large variation in external female genitalia and you fall within the normal range.  Despite this, some women are bothered, either physically or just don't like the appearance and feel uncomfortable with redundant labia minora (inner lips). Looking at the photos,  a labiaplasty would decrease the size of your labia minora and may make you feel more comfortable if it still bothers you.

Does my vagina look normal?

Laser labiaplasty can remove loose labial skin and improve the appearance of the labia.

Thank you very much for your question and photographs.  The loose protruding skin that you see on your labia is quite common and does cause irritation when you wear tight fitting clothes and many women are embarrassed about large or labia.

Labiaplasty is in excellent and very helpful procedure that can remove the loose skin and make the labia looked much smaller and more normal.

Because the labia are so delicate I use a laser to remove the excess tissue and this avoids using a scalpel and traumatizing this very delicate tissue.

Please go to my photographs on Realself.com and you will be able to see 3 patient's before and after pictures of patients who had laser labioplasty.

"Normal" vagina

Thank you for your question, it sounds that you feel very uncomfortable.. The "normal" is always hard to define, as there is a large variation in anatomy. The important thing is how this affects your life. Women that approach me for this reason complain of a variety of symptoms, usually related to excessively protruding skin that can get "in the way". It can be tight clothes, gym attire, swimming, various activities, bike riding, sex. With excess skin that gets irritated you can have swelling, more discomfort, rashes, and sometimes you can start avoiding certain activities that cause these symptoms.

As I always advise my patients, if this interferes with your life, its worth seeing a specialist, and have an opinion about what can be done, whether is worth it and what are the risks, in such a way that you can decide if that would be of benefit for you.

It looks like you have excess tissue protruding and also some asymmetrical swelling, it would be good to see a specialist and have a proper consultation. Just make sure it is someone that has the appropriate training and experience and understands what you are after!

Good luck and take care!

"Normal" vagina

Good luck and take care!

bottom line: you look "normal" for whatever that means. there is no standard way of how things should 'look' and there are innumerable appearances. there are basically 2 reasons to undergo surgery to change the appearance of the external genitalia. 1) there are functional issues with activity 2) cosmesis. this latter concern, as with all cosmetic surgery, is one that lies in the eye of the beholder: it is a personal viewpoint. discuss your concerns with a qualified and experienced surgeon. 

Normal looking labia

Everyone is unique and so your labia are definitely have normal variation.  Due to wider publicity many women are not more aware of how this area looks and feels and there is more of a conversation happening with all women.  That being said, many women experience problems with their labia from being full and protruding with clothing (especially in jeans or the ever so common leggings and yoga pants).  Some may even experience discomfort with sex like pulling or tugging, or just feel uncomfortable in general.  If you are concerned you should find an experienced Surgeon who can explain what your possible treatments may be.  These could include a labiaplasty procedure which can help eliminate extra tissue that may be bothersome to you.  The procedure is relatively simple, quick and easy if you  see an experienced surgeon.  There are also great alternatives that are minimmally and even non invasive like ThermiVA that may also give you good results.  Good luck on your journey and always seek answers to all questions you have before proceeding.

Normal looking labia

"Normal" lady parts; is there really a definition for normal?

You have normal lady parts. The photos you have submitted show normal variations of the external genitalia. All the recent internet discussions on labiaplasty have created an educational forum and have also made it confusing for women. There is not a definition for what constitutes normal appearance for the skin outside a women's vagina. The skin is called external genitalia and more specifically, the labia minora and the skin overlying the clitoris is called the clitoral hood. I feel that women should only consider surgery to modify this skin, if they are having symptoms of skin irritation with normal activities, like sports,  wearing bathing suits, or wearing pants. If that skin is irritated from activities of daily living you can consider having a consultation with an experienced ABMS certified Plastic Surgeon who can help you understand if surgery will improve your symptoms. Good Luck