Will My Skin Return? Cosmelan 2 Mask.

Hi there! I have used Cosmelan 2 & I'm guessing left it on too long & now have patches of hyperpigmentation on my face (lower/mid face). Texture of skin feels like its been burned.with the use of aloe vera/castor oil my skin doesnt feel as dry. But I'm really worried about the discolored skin because its discolored where the mask was. Can this be corrected? Will my skin color ever go back to normal? What would you suggest?

Cosmelan 2 mask caused pigmentation

Were you using the Vitamin K afterwards? This is important because this actually neutralizes the Cosmelan 2 mask. If you weren't then you most likely did burn your skin and have created post inflammatory hyperpigmentation because there wasn't any product applied to neutralize the Cosmelan 2. I would suggest you return to the office that supplied you with the product to see what they determine would be a good next step.

Using Melarase AM and Melarase PM for discoloration of the facial skin

Our office specializes in hyperpigmentation problems.  We currently employ the Melarase cream system which includes Melarase AM and Melarase PM used twice daily.  Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS