My Question is Regarding Miradry. Odor is More my Problem than Sweat. Will This Procedure Help?

will this reduce or eliminate the oder? My shirts are so hard to wash because I use deoderant to mask the oder. I am 16 years old. I exfoliate, shave and scrub. I tried drysol, it iritated my skin and every deoderant and anti persperant that I can find. Please help. What else can I do?

Throw away your deodorant/antiperspirant!

MiraDry is an in-office non-surgical treatment for permanent reduction of underarm sweating by over 80% in as little as one treatment. The procedure uses microwave technology to permanently kill the sweat glands and odor glands in the underarm. All patients notice a significant decrease in underarm body odor, where most no longer use deodorant. MiraDry is a treatment not just for excessive sweaters, but for anyone whose life is affected by underarm sweating and odor. 

MiraDry procedure helps sweat and armpit odor

miraDry procedure helps #sweat and #armpitodor

#miraDry uses electromagnetic energy (safe microwaves)
which is proven to be the ideal method for treating the sweat and odor glands in the underarm. It creates targeted heat in the area where glands reside and safely eliminates them. The advanced design of the miraDry system continuously cools your skin during treatment for added comfort and safety. miraDry

Miradry for bromohidrosis

I have co-authored a book on Miradry. The treatment is FDA approved for hyperhidrosis but some patients see improvements in smell. Claims made that Miradry can treat bromohidrosis are off label. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Miradry corrects smelly armpits

Miradry is the best way to correct your problem. Excess sweat (hyperhydrosis), and smelly armpits (bromhydrosis) are caused by eccrine (sweat) and apocrine glands whose secretion is modified by bacteria causing a bad odor. In Japan, this is the major use of this technology. Miradry eliminates these glands permanently and solves both problems. You will never need to use deodorant again.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

MirAdry for odor

MirAdry is FDA approved for both hyperhidrosis and odor.  One of the #1 purposes of its use in Asia where swelling is less of an issue than odor tends to be, odor is the #1 reason for treatment in that region of the world and it is very popular and reportedly very effective.  Mild patients have used it for odor and has been pleased.  In general patients can expect to do 2 treatments although many patients are quite happy with 1.  In extreme cases of odor or hyperhidrosis 3 treatments is sometimes required.  It is important to note that a side effect of the MirAdry treatment is loss of axillary hair or hair in the armpit area.  While most people find this to be a good thing it is not always a desired outcome for some patients so you must be aware of that possibility.  The treatment takes about 45 minutes and is done under local anesthesia.

mirAdry has been a very nice addition to my office

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

MIRADRY FOR UNDERARM ODOR

You seem like an excellent candidate for MiraDry.  The treatment targets sweat glands that not only significantly reduce sweat production, but also odor.  Two sessions spaced about 3 months apart have demonstrated a reduction of about 85 percent.  At this point in the clinical trials, these results appear permanent.  

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possibly effective

OK, miraDry targets eccrine glands, the glands that produce sweat. In most cases odor is a combination of sweat produced by eccrine glands, and also odor from apocrine glands. Hence if both eccrine and apocrine glands are selectively reduced in number, odor should decrease. 
2 treatments are needed, spaced 3 months apart. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Effective Treatment

Miradry is FDA approved for both odor and sweat reduction.  The real advance with this procedure is that it is minimally invasive with very little downtime and has approximately an 80-85% reduction with two treatments.  The results are permanent and unless a patient wants more reduction, third treatment, there is no need to repeat treatments.

Surgical options are available but have significant downtime and risks and the neurotoxins like Botox are temporary requiring multiple treatments.

Michelle J. Place, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry for Sweat and Odor Reduction

Miradry is a great treatment for you. It is the only FDA approved sweat and odor reducing procedure available on the market. The microwave technology targets the eccrine (sweat) glands and the aprocrine (odor) glands in the underarms. Two treatments are recommended usually 3 months apart.

Dr. Grant Stevens Marina Plastic Surgery Associates Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

MiraDry for underarm sweat and odor

Yes, the MiraDry procedure helps eliminate odor related to sweat, which is also known as bromhidrosis.  The MiraDry procedure utilizes microwave technology to selectively target and eliminate sweat glands in the armpits by focusing electromagnetic waves at a specific level in the body where sweat glands are located.  MiraDry is the only device on the market that is able to eliminate both eccrine (normal sweat) apocrine ("smelly" sweat) glands.  Botox injections also work to help decrease (non-smelly) sweating, but results are more temporary as injections need to be repeated every 4-6 months with Botox effects wearing off near the end of that time frame.  MiraDry is the only FDA-approved procedure that offers long-lasting results and the only procedure that has been shown in studies to treat "smelly" sweat.  Studies demonstrate that results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not regenerate.  At the present time, both Botox and MiraDry are only approved for those 18 years of age and older. 

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon