What Can I Do About my Large Front Teeth That Stick Out? (photo)

I have oversized front teeth that are much larger than the teeth around it. Making matters worse, they are very upfront (although I'm not sure if it's just because the teeth next to it are too far back.) I've visited my dentist and I was told to get braces, however, I don't think braces would make my front teeth look any smaller... What other options can I afford to have? Considering I am still a student, tuition is already a heck load for me, I am looking for more affordable ways to fix my teeth

Recommend orthodontics for oversized front teeth

There in no question that moving the lateral (side) teeth "out" and the front teeth "in" will make the two front teeth seem less prominent and will look smaller. You will have to have full orthodontics because the lower teeth need to be aligned to achieve the movement of the upper teeth, otherwise the bite will not fit. It may also be good idea to intrude or move the two front teeth upwards at the same time to reduce their prominence even more.

After all that, if you feel they are still too big (which you may not), then the next step would be to make the two lateral teeth slighly bigger by doing a small gum lift and doing a bonding or veneers. This will make everything flow better and the ratio of central to laterals will look right. Please note that the front teeth are supposed to be larger than the side teeth.

I would not recommend to grind down your beautifull healthy central incisors to make them smaller. You will regret it later. Your teeth are not oversized, they just need better positioning and the side teeth (laterals) may need to be made bigger.

Good luck.

Dr. T

Miami Beach Dentist

Lots of ways to skin a cat

Looking at your pictures you could consider a couple things. 
1) Invisalign - pushing front teeth in slightly and pulling laterals forward a little bit
2) Enamel contouring of the front teeth to slenderize their appearance. 
3) Doing no-prep veneers on the teeth next to them to minimize the 'facial step'

Large front teeth

I would consider invisalign and the porcelain veneers to change the size and shape of the teeth.  Find a dentist or orthodontist.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist

Large Front Teeth that Stick Out

Your best option would be to do Invisalign now to correct the alignment, and then when you can afford it, do Porcelain laminates on 6-10 front teeth in order to correct the size discrepancy.