My Implants Don't Look Big Enough and It Doesn't Seem Like I Even Have Them Why? (photo)

Most Women I See with 650 Are Huge & Round Why? I had my BA August 6 I got 650hp silicone under the muscle, I am a pretty thick women I'm 5'11 and well my weight is 200lbs, yes I know I'm not the average size of the women that get implants. However, my right breast was tubular and my left wasn't. well my doctor told me 650 would look great on my body because I am tall and curvy, I wanted to make sure that it will show and he said ohh yes, u will be bugger than a ddd. Well I am 4 weeks post op and am NOT happy at all. They look small.

Implant size

you are ,as you say not the usual implant patient, and implant size needs to be very large in a a woman such as you.  i have found also trhat high profile  implants work the best in this situation.  i rarely use saline but i will in this situatyion because you can get more projection which is probably what you are lacking.  go back and talkto him

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Implants in larger women

just don't provide the umph that they do in thinner patients.  Regardless, you are definitely larger and if you had an active role in choosing your size, you will be what you visualized when using external sizers.  I suggest focusing on the benefits and overall appearances since you started with different looking breasts.  The biggest implant is 800 cc's and when measured, doesn't provide a whole lot more in terms of width and projection.  And your photo still shows to me a pretty big breast.

Curtis Wong, MD

Unhappy With Breast Size #breastimplants

I am very sorry you are not happy with your results. There really is a very clear formula for choosing implants for patients. Your surgeon has to stick to the base diameter of your breast. That limits how big of an implant your body can tolerate. You would never buy a size 10 shoe if your foot was a size 7 because it would be way too big. Well if your breast base diameter is for example 12 centimeters then your surgeon must stick with implants that have a base diameter of 12 centimeters. Then you have to decide if you like high profile, moderate profile or low profile implants. That is what dictates how big you can go. If your surgeon were to place an implant with a base diameter of 14 centimeters in to a breast that is only 12 centimeters wide just to get more volume then the extra part of the implant would have to be spilling over into your armpit. These are all things that we do  behind the scenes to give our patients the best result. I think if you just give things time then you may be happy down the road. If not we all want our patients to communicate with us so we can do whatever is possible for our patients to be happy with their results. Most likely your surgeon was doing the right thing by selecting the high profile implant that fit your breast and it happens that  this implant was the volume that you got. I hope this makes sense!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Unhappy with #BreastImplant Volume

Without photos, there is no way to give you more information on your situation. However, a conversation with your surgeon while reviewing this will likely give you more accurate information. If you have a larger frame, implants may not be as projecting as you might like. However, the maximum implant silicone volume in the US is only 800 cc.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

My Implants Don't Look Big Enough and It Doesn't Seem Like I Even Have Them Why?

It is not possible to comment on the issues you present without the ability to see photos from before surgery and from now. Please consider re-posting your question with enough information for surgeons to be able to offer comments and advice. 

All the best. 

My 650cc implants don't look big enough

I'm so sorry that you are unhappy with your results.  It's difficult to say without pre-op and post-op photos, but a woman of your size can easily carry 650cc implants.  You may need to go larger to achieve the look you seem like you want, however 800cc is the largest in silicone gel available and I'm afraid it may not give you what you are seeking. 200cc generally amounts to a cup size.  You may also want to ask yourself if you are happy with the shape improvement of your breasts and if going through a second surgery (cost and recovery) is worth it when you can simply wear a push up bra to look fuller when you want. Definitely discuss your concerns with your surgeon and look at before and after photos before making any decisions.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon