Will my Boobs Restore Back to Normal Size if I Gain Weight Back?

I recently lost weight due to stress and lack of eating.(I went from 120 pounds to 110). I am a very petite and slender girl who did have a decent bust size. I had a full C and now they are a small B. If I return to my normal eating habits will my boobs fill out again?

Hello

Only you would now the answer to your question. If you have gained weight there before then the possibilities that you would gain that weight again in the same areas.

Breasts and weight loss/gain

Typically if your breasts deflated with weight loss, there is a good chance that they will re-expand a bit with weight gain.

Weight loss in breasts

It is difficult to predict exactly where the weight will come and go. Typically if you have lost weight in your breasts then that is where the fat is most likely to return. Hope that aswers your question. All the luck to you.

Marshall T. Partington, MD, FACS

Loss of breast volume

Predicting what will happen to your breast size after weight loss and gain can be a risky business.  The likely thing would be that your  weight will distribute in the same way that it did before you lost the weight.

If you  are contemplating a surgery to correct things, it would make sense to wait until you have put the weight back on to  see where things stand.

Douglas Hargrave,M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Will weight gain restore my breast size.

If your breast size decreased with weight loss, chances are that as you gain back your weight, the breast volume will be restored. Best wishes.

Breasts Are Very Weight-Sensitive

Thank you for your question. Breasts are one of the weight-sensitive areas of the body. If you gain weight, you can expect your breasts to become larger and fuller. You will also gain weight elsewhere though too. I cannot, however, assure you that the breasts will go back to the exact same size they were before.

Joshua D. Zuckerman, MD, FACS

Weight Fluctuation and Breast Size

How the breasts respond to fluctuations in weight is unpredictable. In general terms, when patients lose weight and then regain the weight, they usually return to their baseline. Unfortunately, these weight fluctuations can result in the development of stretch marks and breast sag over the course of time. It's, therefore, important to have a stable weight before proceeding with cosmetic breast surgery.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Bust Size and Weight Loss

It would be wise to regain the weight before assessing if you need or want breast augmentation surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Size After Weight Loss

Your breasts are naturally affected by weight loss, and they may return to their previous size if you gain back the weight you've lost. However, please note that frequent weight fluctuations can contribute to sagging.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Losing 10 lbs and Loss of Breasts

If losing 10 lbs caused a significant deflation in the breasts, then it may be reasonable to think that gaining the 10 lbs back would restore that volume to the breasts.  The only way to know is to gain the weight back in a healthy way and with a solid, well balanced diet.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughesplasticsurgery Los Angeles, CA