Fat grafting + Dermabrasion? (Photo)

Can I have fat grafting and Dermabrasion for my type of scarring at the same day?Is this possible? Will this be right treatment for me

Dermabrasion

Thank you for your question. Dermabrasion should be sufficient to address your superficial acne scars. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermabrasion for acne scars

Dermabrasion is a good treatment option for shallow acne scars.

Fat grafting is a good option for areas where there is atrophy of the skin (DEEP sunken areas).  From the photos provided, this does not appear necessary.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat Grafting and Dermabrasion

Fat grafting is very short-lived, and I would not recommend giving it any consideration. While dermabrasion can improve your scars, CO2 laser resurfacing does a better job for various reasons. I have done both in the past but not any longer because of much better results with the laser. While both can be of benefit, any procedure like this is only as good as the experience of the doctor doing it. The other consideration is that, with your skin coloration, you are at high risk for developing a significant color change in the treated area. If you find a doctor who does either procedure and doesn't mention this possibility, move on until you find one who does. I am not hopeful that you will find anybody in Mumbai.                jlr

John Louis Ratz, MD
Clermont Dermatologist