Is there a big difference between 350cc and 400cc?

I'm 5'4", 120 lbs. My base width is 13 cm x 13.4 cm. Rib cage(under breasts) is 28" 33" (arm pit to arm pit). I originally decided on 350cc but my PS said I can go up to 400cc. I breastfed 2 kids and my breasts are a little droopy. Thank you!

At your height and weight the 50ccs is enough to make a small difference but only part of a bra cup size. Let him take several implants to the OR, use intraoperative sizers and decide during surgery which will get the look you like based on photos you give him.

Breast augmentation sizing

Thank you for your question, based on your description 50 mL difference is likely to make you just a small bit larger typically on the upper pole of the breasts.  If you do not find the larger size offensive, I would recommend going with the larger size as most patients undergoing breast augmentation who require a revision regarding size, wished they had gone with the larger size. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

50 ML – What Does It Mean

To put this in perspective, 50 mL is less than 4 tablespoons. In other terms, it is a 14% increase in volume from 350 up to 400 mL. It is likely this volume would make a visible difference in a woman starting with very little breast tissue, but this volume becomes less and less significant when a patient presents with increasing amounts of breast tissue and/or widening of the breast base dimensions. Using sizers can be very helpful, although in certain circumstances differences in volume of 50 mL is difficult to visually detect. I ask my patient to put their hand on one side and then another when two different size implants are in, and this can make the difference in volume much more obvious. Also, you may get a better sense of a difference in size wearing a tank top. As always, the decision regarding sizes is best made between you and a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breasts implants size

Dear madam,
    Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful.  You did provide , roughly, your chest circumferemce measurement , but not the breasts circumference measurment. Let's assume that you are 32 small A cup. 350 cc implants will bring you to 32 C+ cup size and 400 cc implants will bring you to 32 smal D cup size. You have to decide what size will make you happy. Most of my Asian patients ( there is very large Asian community in Washington DC  metropolitan area ), go for full B cup size or small C cup size. However, every person is unique , so the decision about the size, ultimately, falls on your shoulders. As far as your droopyness, it depends on how significant it is. It might be that for optimal result you will benefit from mini lift ( donut ) that will give you beautiful perky breasts . Always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Check also the 'realself' reviews for positive patients experience. which provides important information on the surgeons.

Is there a big difference between 350cc and 400cc breast implants?

Thank you for your question.  Although 50 cc does not seem like a very large difference in volume, this difference can be significant when implants are placed into the breast.  One possible solution is to ask your plastic surgeon if both sizes could be available during your surgery.  The use of an inflatable saline sizer can help with this decision.  Once implant pocket is ready the inflatable sizer can be placed and inflated to 350 375 and 400 cc and the plastic surgeon can decide which size fits your breast and body the best and looks more appropriate.

50cc a big difference?

I think 50cc is a noticeable difference but I think the important question is how did you come up with 350. If you used sizers and liked 350cc then your plastic surgeon may have seen many patients say they like one size using sizers but ultimately wished they had gone larger. 13cm is large enough to accommodate either size but it also depends on how the base diameter was measured. Ultimately if you trust your plastic surgeon and are comfortable with his before and after photos that look similar to you than you probably can't go wrong either way. Good luck

Thank you for the question. Yes, depending on the patient's body type and goals, a 50 cc  difference in breast implant volume may make a significant difference clinically.  In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position are very helpful.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Without an in person examination it is difficult to provide an accurate assessment.

Without an in person examination it is difficult to provide an accurate assessment. There is not a large difference between 350cc and 400cc, 50cc spread throughout the breast.

Best of Luck!

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

50 cc difference in breast implant augmenation

Thank you for asking. A 50 cc difference between implants may be a small noticeable difference in some patients especially if the patient is petite. Your plastic surgeon should counsel you on what looks and fits best with you and your frame. Consideration for lifting should be made if the skin envelope is excessive. A good consultation is key. Best wishes.