Does biting cause ruptures in breast implants?

Hi I'm getting gummy bear breast implants on September 6th I'm 5'2 120 pounds and I'm getting 385cc under the muscle an I was wondering if biteing/hickys/ chewing will rupture the implants ?

Biting Implants

Potentially it could. The implant can rupture with sharp objects, teeth being a sharp object. If the teeth penetrate deep below the skin, yes an implant can rupture.The other concern about teeth and implants, is occasionally the teeth can infect the nipple and actually ultimately infect the implant.and cause the cups to contracture. For suckling,  its important that a lover have clean teeth and no dental carries present during that time. If it occurs a patient with the implants will require antibiotics to prevent losing the implants. There have been times when people have lost the implants as results of infection related to a human bite.

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Unless you have needle like teeth

that can penetrate the skin, you have nothing to worry about so bite on.  Skin penetration must happen for you to even have a chance of compromising your implants.

Curtis Wong, MD

Don't let the biting break your skin and you should be fine. The implant should be deep enough to not be affected. Use your judgment.

Biting & Implant Rupture?

The latest generation of cohesive gel implants are very durable. When placed beneath the muscle they should be well-protected. However, any skin injury associated with infection can jeopardize your implants. There have also been rare cases of infection spreading from more distant sites, such as a UTI or dental abscess, causing secondary implant infection requiring removal. For these reasons, I would be more concerned with infection than with physical implant rupture. I hope that this answers your concern.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Biting usually has no effect on the implants since human teeth do not extend through the breast tissue, and the implant is placed behind the breast.  I would suggest avoiding any biting that breaks the skin since human mouth infections could infect your implant.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD