I'm a male wondering if I can use Coolsculpt to remove supra pubic fat?

I'm a 6', 40 year old male who's lost about 30 lbs and I am now down to 190 lbs and have been for the past three years. My supra pubic fat pad is still very large and is embarrassing when I'm undressed. I've considered lipo, but will Coolsculpting work on the area just as well? Would it be too dangerous with it being so close to my penis? Thank you for your help!

CoolSculpting on supra pubic fat in a male

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  They will be able to give you a wide choice of options, (CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Direct excision, etc.). Review your reasonable goals with them, and together you will make a plan.

#CoolSculpting

As long as there is pinch able fat then CoolSculpting may be used to target that specific fat and cause 30% reduction 

Coolsculpting for Supra Pubic Fat

Actually I think it would work well once the latest applicator that we are using for a study on a small area is FDA approved as it is the right size for your area of concern. We are still conducting the study so it probably won’t be for another 6 months and as for involving the local adjacent area – careful placement would be important.

Suzanne Kilmer, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Supra Pubic Fat

Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for best treatment plan. I hope this helps!

Solutions for supra pubic fat

We have had some request for treating this area, for men and women, in our practice. We have recently had reasonable results with UltraShape. I cannot speak to the full success, the patients we have treated are only 2 treatments into a 3 treatment series, but have been pleased with the noticeable change.

Deborah Atkin, MD
Del Mar Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for suprapubic fat

I have had patients with suprapubic fat ask about CoolSculpting.  I do not think it would be dangerous to treat that area, but it is more a question of whether any superficial fat can be drawn into the applicator to treat it.  You would need to be examined to determine if you might be a candidate for this treatment, which would be considered an off-label area since it is not one of the approved locations on the body for CoolSculpting.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting can be virtually done most areas including the suprapubic area

Yes, your question is valid and can be treated.  Of course, a consultation is needed, but would it expect not to affect one's private parts.  Coolsculpting works as I have had the treatment myself.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

New Patient Consultation

Congratulation on your weight loss!!

It is important to have a face-to-face consultation with the provider in order to determine if you would be a candidate for CoolSculpting and how many treatments you may need. It is important to keep in mind that CoolSculpting is not a weight loss method and in no way replaces diet and exercise. It also is not meant to help tighten loose skin. CoolSculpting only targets the subcutaneous fat under the skin, not the internal visceral fat.

During the consultation, the health care provider will visually assess the fat in order to determine if the person needs debulking or sculpting. The physician will physically assess the orientation of the fat by pinching and feeling it. There is a 20-25% fat reduction in the treated areas. Patients are usually brought back at the 30 days mark to assess their results. At this point, the patient and physician can communicate and determine if additional treatment might be needed for optimum result.