3 days postop, breasts are flat, too small, no upper pole, 450cc textured round high profile natrelle. Will they change? (Photo)

I'm 3 days Post-Op now and very depressed about the size. I expected much more fullness with 450cc round, high profile textured, Natrelle Implants. They seem so small and flat. Especially since I'm small with 5ft 5 and 110 lbs. I saw many other pictures with women who have a way larger result with even smaller implants. Do you think it will change when they drop? will they drop? I don't see that the implant is high now. Can I expect a change and will they appear fuller like my wish-picture?

3 days postop, breasts are flat, too small, no upper pole, 450cc textured round high profile natrelle. Will they change?

Still very early in posted healing, 3 days! Best to allow a few months of healing than decide if you fit into the category of, "i wish I had gone bigger!". But I must say by reviewing your early post photos I wonder also if you really had 450 cc placed. Do you or have you been given the implant record cards? See your surgeon to discuss. Good Luck. 

Size

Over the next few months your breasts will change as the swelling subsides, the tissues stretch and the implants settle. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected. Please follow all your post operative instructions, and discuss all your concerns with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Size disappointment after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos. Based on your initial reaction, if you're already regretting not going larger, chances are you will continue to have this concern once everything settles.  At three days, your breasts will be swollen and the implants may continue to descend. I would visit with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

3 days Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for this enquire.

Certainly 3 days after a breast augmentation is not enough time to give value judgements about results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Will they change?

Thank you for the question and the pictures. You are still very early in the healing process. Healing from surgery will take time. In the initial phase after surgery, within the first three months, there is a period of inflammation and scarring that must occur in order for you to heal. The breast implants can appear to be high and not in the right position and oddly shaped. Over ensuing months these processes will subside and the inflammatory process gives way to scar softening and remodeling. The swelling will start to abate and the breast tissue will relax and accommodate allowing the implants to settle into their desired position. As the implants settle the nipples will appear to lift and the breast fills and begin to take on their more normal appearance. These processes may occur at differing rates so that the breasts may not necessarily "settle" at the same time. I tell my patients that they will not see their final results for at least 6 months.

At this point I would recommend to continue close follow up with your plastic surgeon as they are in the best position to evaluate and treat you during your post operative recovery. This will allow you and your surgeon the chance to discuss your concerns and help allay any anxieties you may be experiencing.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Concerned about breast size 3 days post-op

Thanks for your question and photos.  For 3 days post-op, your breasts look good.  As my colleagues have stated, it is too soon to assess your outcome (size and shape) at this time.  Please allow 3-6 months to see your final result.  If you still want larger breasts at 6 months, you should talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please see that your "wish boobs" have sports bra that is pushing the breasts up and together. Best wishes.

Breast 450cc

Hello. Is still too soon to tell, you have to wait until the swelling goes down. They will look more natural as They drop. 450cc is a good size even do in you they look bit smaller, talk with your surgeon about the size and the cart of the implant. Good luck!! 

Jose Hungria, MD

3 days post augmentation

Hello angel_5,

It's very common to have anxiety after having breast augmentation surgery about your size and shape.  At three days after surgery, it is much too early to determine what your final size and shape will be.  It is  difficult but be patient and over the next few months your swelling will decrease, the muscle will relax (the tight muscle makes the implant look flatter initially) and the shape and position of your implants will evolve. Make sure to voice your concerns to your plastic surgeon so that he/she can advise and reassure you.

Best  of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

More fullness post aug

I wpould sit tight.As the edema or swelling goes down they will be more defined and will look more like what you want them too. Remember at the end of the day you can only put in a certain size implant and get the incision to close.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post breast augmentation

At 3 days it is extremely early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 3 months for things to look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon