I would like to go from A cup to D cup...can you help me find a surgeon?

I am an A cup wishing a D cup, however during a consultation with a surgeon he made it quite clear that he will not give me "melons" and can only go up to 320 cc! Armip incision , gel type moderate profile! He also mentioned that HIS SIGNATURE was going to be on my chest so he was not going to do very much! Very robotic gave me no option about anything!! Can anyone recommend a surgeon?? I have two app with another two surgeons dr jane pattetson and dr Webster!!! Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Breasts augmentation from A to D

Dear Aerosinidos,
  Thanks for your picture. It does not give much information because you are fully clothed, however, one thing can be obtain from it , you appear to have a 34 inch chest circumference. If indeed you are an A cup size, you will need 450 cc implants to reach your goal of 34 D cup. It is obvious  that your first consultation was the wrong one for you. I am not familiar with the teo names that you have submitted. Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center and check their before and after pictures to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and you like them. Also, check their reviews for positive patients experience.
                         Dr Widder

Sounds like someone needs another consultation

It certainly sounds like you are unhappy with the first surgeon, so why not see another 1 or 2 plastic surgeons before making a decision.  Much depends on your dimensions, how much breast tissue you have, have you had any children etc.  I am not a big fan of the axillary approach with silicone, but that's a personal choice.  Go on several more consultations including one that may have 3-D imaging to see how you might look.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton.

A to D with breast implants

get more opinions.  Are you requesting an armpit incision? or is he insisting on it? keep in mind that finessing the implant space is difficult through the armpit.  upsizing you to larger implants requires more finessing of the space for the implant.  It is unlikely that 320 cc would take you from an A to a D anyway.  425 cc could.  the use of sizing implants during the procedure is critical before a size is decided upon, and it also helps the surgeon assess whether the space is adequate in size and position.  If your breast and or muscle is " tight " the inflatable sizer can be used as an expander to stretch your tissues to accomodate a larger implant to reduce the risk of distortion.  

William Jervis, Jr., MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgeon

If you do not feel your surgeon was responsive to your requests, then I suggest find another surgeon. I do not know the surgeons in Australia, but I do know a lot in the States.

I am sorry to hear about your “less than ideal” experience during your consultation. I would agree with your plan to seek additional consultations with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  Careful communication with your plastic surgeon will be very important to achieving the outcome you are looking for. Words such as “natural”, “melon”, " D cup” etc. mean different things to different people and can be a source of miscommunication/confusion.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures and computer imaging most helpful.
 Best wishes; hopefully you will find a plastic surgeon who you feel comfortable with and who will achieve your goals in a safe fashion.

Implant volume and cup size

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size.If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.Your photograph is inadequate to determine if you are drooping.Often, a simultaneous lift will be beneficial.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I would like to go from A cup to D cup...can you help me find a surgeon? (photo)

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Keep looking and try to understand there are limitations to amount of volume that your breasts can hold.... 

Find your surgeon

Many surgeons are uncomfortable using larger implnts for a variety of reasons. One way to start your search would be to look for surgeons with experience in "large implants". I am sure you would find some near you by exploring this and other web sites/searches.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Dissatisfaction with consultation

Certainly sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at your first consultation.  Best to move on; I am sure that you will find a surgeon with whom you can easily and comfortable work to a great result.  

Michael B. Tantillo, MD