Can I use Rogaine after hair transplants for baldness at crown of head?

Rogaine after Hair Transplant

I recommend patients start Rogaine about 10 days after hair transplant if they were using it prior to the surgery.  If they were never using rogaine before the surgery, I have them wait about 21 days as sometimes patients can have a skin reaction to rogaine and I would not like that happening during the first 1-3 weeks after their surgery.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Use of Rogaine after a hair transplant

Some doctors recommend Rogaine (Minoxidil) after a hair transplant but I found it of no value. Check with your doctor and see what your doctor says about this drug in your particular situation. m

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using rogaine after transplant

Yes you can use rogaine after two weeks post op.  We actually recommend using it to slow down the progression of genetic hair loss of your native hair specially in the crown area. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Yes

Some patients use Rogine before or after surgery. It is good to always check with your doctor or inform your doctor of your intentions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Rogaine after hair transplantation

Check with your surgeon - but in general terms - most people can.

It may help transplanted hairs grow in faster and if you have any hair there now - it could help improve the density and maintain those hairs. Rogaine doesn't help everyone. 

Side effects include headaches dizziness, heart palpitations, but they are fairly rare. Check with your surgeon if Rogaine is right for now you and to review all the side effects.

Can I use Regaine after hair transplant for baldness at crown?

Yes absolutely! Right away if the hair transplant was in another area e.g. the front. Otherwise I would wait about a week before applying Minoxidil on the area of the hair transplant

Bessam Farjo, MBChB
Manchester Hair Restoration Surgeon

Rogaine

This is a great medicine but does not work in everyone.  If you have not tried it, using rogaine is not a bad idea. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Rogaine After Hair Transplant

Yes you can but it is best to check with your doctor regarding their protocol for 5% Minoxidil (Rogaine) after hair transplant surgery. One old study showed that applying Rogaine with starting on the 3rd day post surgery that the hair follicles tend to reawaken about 1 month earlier than without Rogaine. We have most of our patients use Rogaine starting the 3rd day after surgery. As always, check with your surgeon.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon