I Am Having a Mastectomy Tomorrow and I Am Suffering from Seasonal Allergies, Could This Postpone my Surgery?

My original surgery was scheduled for last Monday, but because of a possible second form of cancer found it was postponed, more tests and yes I have two different cancers in the one breast. The surgery was rescheduled for tomorrow, and I am experiencing major seasonal allergies...do you think there will be a problem??

Could This Postpone my Surgery?

Should not be a problem, but better to check with your srugeon and if possible, your anesthesiologist. Best wishes. 

Mastectomy and Seasonal allergies

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation needing a mastectomy.  I do not think your allergies will impact you in any meaningful way.  Your anesthesiologist should be experienced with this sort of event.  Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Allergies vs a cold

Just be sure to check with your surgeon today and let them know what your symptoms are.  They'll decide if it is ok.  Good luck.

Breast Surgery and Seasonal Allergies?

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful situation you are in. Although your surgeon and anesthesiologist will be your only true “resource” when it comes to safety of proceeding with surgery, it is unlikely that seasonal allergies will postpone the planned procedures.

Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery.

Seasonal allergies and surgery

Seasonal allergies should not cause your surgery to be cancelled. But it is a good idea to check with your doctor to review your symptoms.