What is the healing process for lips permanent makeup?

On the third day after permanent make up, my lips Start to peel on large piece and I see absolutely no color. Is this normal?

Permanent Makeup Lips

It is very common for the lips to peel after permanent makeup. Of the three facial procedure areas (lips, eyeliner and eyebrows), lips tend to fade the most and peel. It is important to use some sort of A&D ointment or Aquaphor during this process, and not to pick at your lips. Also, it is not unusual for the pigment to reappear at the end of the healing process (approx. 4-6 weeks). If the color has faded more than expected, inquire about a touch-up appointment with your technician. I hope this helps and best of luck! 

Permanent lip color

It is normal for the lips to peel starting about a third day. The color will also appear much lighter once they have peeled. The peeling usually continues for about 4 days. Keep the lips very hydrated during this time.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD