Can Fraxel Repair be requested to be performed under anesthesia?

can Fraxel repair be performed under anesthesia?

Fraxel and anesthesia

We do it both ways in our office...while I used nerve blocks, topical anesthesia, oral sedatives, etc. in the past, I find that I can simply utilize stronger settings with no pain and thus offer the best cosmetic result possible by using monitored sedation.  There is no one answer here...it comes down to your preference and safety.

Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and anesthesia

I have Fraxel Re:pair with nerve blocks, topical anesthetics, oral sedatives but it takes longer and the patient still has a degree of discomfort. Currently I use monitored anesthesia care with IV propfol +/- versed and patients do very well and the procedure is complete in much shorter time frame.

Tanda Lane, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

No A GA is not needed for Fraxel RePair. We use a mixture of 23/7 local, nerve blocks, and partial sedation. Patients will tolerate this procedure providing the above 3 are combined. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel and General Anesthesia

In my years of practice I have never needed to put someone to sleep for Fraxel.  We do nerve blocks, topical creams, and pills/shots.  We also have nitrous.  Although we have an OR and I wouldn't deny someone going to sleep if they really wanted. I suggest you see an expert who you trust.  Best, Dr. Emer.