broke a crown from the gumline. What should I do? (photo)

ive had a crow on tooth number 7 and it broke about two days ago rigth on the gum line what are my best options and tooth is kinda hurting please help

Broken crown from the gumline

It looks to me that you had a root canal done in that tooth and decay developed under the crown, resulting in the loss of the crown. Visit your dentist for an examination to reevaluate your options of trying to save the tooth, or removing it and placing a dental implant. In my honest opinion, I would remove the tooth and place an implant. 

Broken tooth

A clinical exam and gum probing would reveal the relationship between the fracture and bone level. Depending on the findings, it can be decided if the tooth is restorable. A crown lengthening procedure can also be done when indicated. 

Fractured Tooth

Your best option is to see a dentist as soon as possible. That tooth might be able to be saved, it could need a root canal or it could need to be extracted. The only way to know is to see a dentist for an exam and an x-ray. Don’t put this off, if it’s already hurting, it’s not going to get better without treatment.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Dentist

Crown felt off options

If that happened only two days ago you should get it evaluated for having a root canal therapy if its not done yet and the possibility of having a build up to retain a new crown or having a post and a crown.

you will need to get evaluated with x-rays first to see the condition of the root and check for possible cavities.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

See the dentist

Definitely need to see the dentist to evaluate, but it appears the tooth is not salvageable.

If this is the case, your options with the missing space after extraction is to do an implant, bridge or partial.

Sincerely,
Dr. Reiser

Broken tooth

It is impossible without an xray to really advise you with this but see a good dentist ASAP--they will be able to determine if the tooth can be saved and offer you your options. It may be hopeless if the decay extends close to the jaw bone. Good luck to you