I am 5 days post BA. My implants are hard, how long does it typically take for Natrelle 410 Anatomical implant ti soften?

Hello, doctors! I had a surgery this Thursday (02/06) and now I have 290cc natrelle 410 anatomical implants, but they feel soooo hard... I'm 5' 2" 106 lbs, with almost no breast tissue. It looks like I'll never be able to squish or put them together in my bra......... Thank you so much for your attention

Placement of implants can affect the time they take to soften

Thank you very much for your message. The time to soften does depend a little bit on whether the implants were placed in front or behind your pectoralis major muscle.
If your implants are in front we would anticipate that the majority of the swelling would have settled by a month following the operation and breasts should be relatively soft by that stage.
However, if the implants are behind the muscle they can appear slightly firmer initially and they may take longer to soften, often up to 2 to 3 months.
I hope you find this information useful and helpful and wish the best of luck.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

5 days is very early after breast augmentation.  You will likely continue to have considerable swelling for several weeks.  If you are very fit prior to surgery, which it sounds like you are, the pectoralis muscles can remain firm for several weeks.  Over time they soften and the breasts appear different through these stages.  The 410 implant does not have much "settling" to do compared to other types of implants.  Remember, however, that as your tissue changes over the top of the implant, the breasts will change in appearance and softness.  I advise that my patients avoid any underwire or push-up bras for about 3 months.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants can take 4-6 weeks to soften

Thank you for your question.  Do not be alarmed so early that your breast implants feel firm.  This is very normal.  Generally speaking breast implants begin to feel softer 4-6 weeks after breast augmentation and this softness may continue to improve up to 3 months.  Please consult your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.

BBA

This type of implant is not soft.  It is a very solid feeling implant.  Your PS should have discussed this with you.  You should discuss your unhappiness with your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Natrelle 410 implants are firm implants and I hope you were able to feel them prior to them being placed!

After the swelling has resolved you should feel better. If there are continued problems Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!