How long does it take Medicaid to approve breast reduction?

I had my consultation and everything else don in march. Everything was submitted about last week. I just wanted to know how long it would take for Medicaid to approve my surgery. I want this surgery done before I go back to school in August.

Medicaid approval

I do not think they will give you prior approval.the fact that you were able to find a surgeon to take medicaid for breast reduction re imbursement is great.Prior approval may not be possible.Call your local medicaid office to find out.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Medicaid has been known to cover breast reduction surgery but I do not know how long the approval process takes. Your plastic surgeon's office will probably be your best resource for accurate response. Best wishes. 

I personally have NEVER had "MediCaid" approve a breast reduction. I hope the PS told you that the approval if any could take months....