How long does it take Medicaid to approve breast reduction?

I had my consultation and everything else don in march. Everything was submitted about last week. I just wanted to know how long it would take for Medicaid to approve my surgery. I want this surgery done before I go back to school in August.

Medicaid approval

I do not think they will give you prior approval.the fact that you were able to find a surgeon to take medicaid for breast reduction re imbursement is great.Prior approval may not be possible.Call your local medicaid office to find out.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

Medicaid has been known to cover breast reduction surgery but I do not know how long the approval process takes. Your plastic surgeon's office will probably be your best resource for accurate response. Best wishes. 

Last contacted 9 hours ago

I personally have NEVER had "MediCaid" approve a breast reduction. I hope the PS told you that the approval if any could take months.... 

Last contacted 17 hours ago