How long does it take for newly tattooed eyebrows to fade and heal completely?

Hi!  I got my eyebrows tattooed on Dec 2. It's been 2 weeks now. The color has faded a bit but it is definitely still a lot darker than I would like. I'm hoping that it will continue to fade in the next couple of weeks but I'm starting to panick and feel like they'll still be too dark. How long does it normally take for newly tattooed eyebrows to fade and completely heal?  I know that technicians can easily darken the color but is it possible to lighten them?  I'm now paranoid that people are constantly looking at my too dark eyebrows. 

Permanent Make Up

Allow yourself to heal for 3-6 months. Fading will likely occur.

To be sure, return to see your provider or see two or more licensed and providers in your area for a complete evaluation.

Wait a Month for Results

Thanks for your question and you still have time to know the exact color the tattooing will leave your eyebrows so don’t panic. I would wait a month to know how things are going to turn out – and if they are still too dark at that time, I would return to the person that applied the tattoo and see what options they have for you to help lighten them – including more tattooing.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon