How long can I expect my "spitting stitches" wound to heal and what can I do to assist in the process? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
Treating spitting sutures
- The only 'cure' for spitting sutures is to remove the sutures.
- Removing them will reduce the inflammation and drainage they cause.
- Four hours is a long way but if possible, do return to see your surgeon so s/he can do it.
- If this is impossible, call surgeons near you to see if they will see you.
- You will need to pay a fee - your own surgeon will not charge you. (It may make that 4 hour ride seem worth the time.)
Hope this helps. Best wishes.
All the best.
Breast Augmentation - "spitting stitches"
I would take the time to revisit with your physician and remove those stitches that are spitting. I would also plan a second visit a few weeks later to make sure all affected sutures are taken care of. Best Wishes!!
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.