How long can I expect my "spitting stitches" wound to heal and what can I do to assist in the process? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Treating spitting sutures
- The only 'cure' for spitting sutures is to remove the sutures.
- Removing them will reduce the inflammation and drainage they cause.
- Four hours is a long way but if possible, do return to see your surgeon so s/he can do it.
- If this is impossible, call surgeons near you to see if they will see you.
- You will need to pay a fee - your own surgeon will not charge you. (It may make that 4 hour ride seem worth the time.)
Hope this helps. Best wishes.
All the best.
Breast Augmentation - "spitting stitches"
You might also like...
Spitting sutures usually resolve in about four weeks.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.