Can Fraxel Laser Be Used on such Scars Effectively? (photos)

I have vertical scars on the breast after lifting surgery (2 years ago) and my question is are they keloid and can they be treated with fraxel laser or it is better to leave them fade with time? Thank you!

Can Fraxel Laser Be Used on such Scars Effectively?

Thank you for your question. There are several different laser treatments that can help improve your problem. If it is true keloid than you may require steroid injections as well. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for a treatment plan that will work best for you.

Scars from Breast Surgery

You can definitely improve these scars through a combination approach.  You will need a combination of Fraxel or eMatrix, V-Beam, and cortisone injections to improve these scars.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Scars After Breast Lift Surgery -- Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, PRP, Venus Viva, Pulsed Dye Laser/VBEAM If Red

I suggest a combination approach to get improved results.  Lasers and RF devices can be used to improve collagen but are better when combined with PRP and/or microneedling.  If the scars are red, adding pulsed dye laser or IPL is helpful as well.  Please see a dermatologist with expertise in lasers and scars.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scars from breast reduction surgery

The scars on your breast appear to be hypertrophic and keloidal. It's a little difficult to fully assess them on that photo. I wouldn't recommend Fraxel to diminish them. They should improve somewhat with intralesional triamcinolone injections and Mederma gel.