Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy. Is 400cc right for me? Small deflated C after breastfeeding! Would like a full D/DD. (photo)

Hi all! I'm a bit nervous about this but.. 25 years old, 5ft4 and 135lbs. I originally wanted 300-350cc but after reading found 400cc moderate may be better based on what I'd like to become. I'm a Small deflated C cup after breastfeeding years ago! I understand there is no real rule with implants but i would really appreciate an idea of the cup size I will be based on my photos, body type and the 400cc. I'm more concerned about wishing I went bigger, but I also don't want to look huge! Help!

It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.      High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Breast implant size selection

Hi and thanks for the question. Without examining you primarily and taking chest measurements, its difficult to give you accurate advice in regards to the implant size. In general, following the physical exam, I discuss what the patients perceived ideal goals are. From there, we generate a course of action, assuming her goals are reasonable and in her best interest. The final implant size is difinitively chosen in the OR during the case, as this allows us the greatest degree of accuracy in selecting an implant that will produce an optimal breast silhouette with the augmentation-mastopexy.

Dr. Vallecillos 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Augmentation Mastopexy is a very complex operation- preOp details are important.

I agree with your focus on the details. From the pictures you selected it is clear that upper breast fullness is important to you.  I think that this is a critical aspect of the procedure- to create a well defined cleavage and what I clinically refer to as "upper breast pole fullness".

With regards to the volumes you mentioned, I would recommend the larger, the difference is between 100 to 50 cc depending if you go with 300 cc or 350cc implants.

I hope this helps

Sergio P. Maggi, MD, FACS

Austin Plastic Surgery Center

drmaggi.com

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for your photo. As you have enough breast tissue my advise to you would be an implant size of 330/400 cc with mastopexia and lollipop scar for achieving a D cup. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy. Is 400cc right for me? Small deflated C after breastfeeding! Would like a full D/DD.

Breast implant size should be based on a base width measurement of your breast which her surgeon should do.  You should figure 150-200 cc of breast implant per cup size increase in the same style and manufacture of bra that she currently wear.  Hopefully your plastic surgeon can help you by placing sizers into a sports bra during her examination.  For more on sizing please read the link hello:

Finding the Correct Implant Size for Augmentation and Mastopexy

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Now, in order to help determine what the best implant size for your desired result should be it would be best to seek out a local board certified plastic surgeon for a live consultation to receive advice based on your individual situation. The necessary size of implants can be different for every patient, so a certified surgeon would be best to determine for you. Good luck!

Correct implant choice for breast lift and augmentation

Thank you for your question and sending your  pictures. Without examining you and having your breast dimensions (most importantly your base diameter) it's impossible to recommend an exact implant size for you. You can get to your goal with either a moderate or high profile implant. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Breast implants with lift

Your breasts look heavy and are sagging somewhat so it's very important not to use an implant this is too large since that will compromise your breast lift. The women you show as "ideal" likely did not have a breast lift so it's difficult to compare yourself to them. I would go with a more conservative breast implant size (

William Bruno, MD

Choosing the right implants

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation size considerations

Thanks for your question Lulu.  Picking the perfect size implant is an art. What will look best in your breast depends on several factors. Your anatomy is unique and the amount of breast tissue that you have will determine how a particular implant will look beneath that tissue. The width of your breast is another important measurement. Breast implants come in a variety of widths and projections. Be sure to spend some time discussing these differences and if possible trying on different implant styles and sizes to get a better idea how a particular implant may look in your breast. Where the implant is placed (either above or below the muscle) will also affect the final look. Statistically speaking, approximately 70% of women who undergo breast augmentation wish they had gone with a slightly larger rather than smaller implant. Once you have the size narrowed down to a couple of sizes (e.g., 350 to 400cc) let your surgeon use his or her best judgement to determine which size is going to look best for you once your in the operating room. In terms of a breast lift, where your nipple currently sits in relation to the crease beneath your breast is most important. If the nipple sits at or below the crease consider a lift. Good luck!

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon