Ok to Shave Between Laser Hair Removal Appointments?

I am doing laser hair removal and I want to know if its safe to shave in between treatments and how to I know if it's working because my hair on my arms are going back spicky looking

Shaving between laser hair removal treatments

The only thing that is recommended between Laser Hair Removal treatment is shaving. You will notice that the frequency in the need to shave will decrease as your treatments continue.

Tucson Ophthalmologist

Shaving Between Laser Treatments

You may shave between your laser hair removal treatments. It is also usually recommended that you shave the day before or the day of your treatment as well. Things that you should not do in between treatments are plucking, waxing, tweezing, bleaching, or depilatory hair removal creams.

Shaving in between laser treatments is ok

It is ok to shave in between laser treatments. You can tell if it is working when the frequency of your shaving changes. If you need to shave just as frequently now as you did before starting the laser hair removal, then it is not working very well.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes. You Can Shave Between Appointments

Yes. You can only shave, bleach or use Nair between sessions. No waxing and tweezing between sessions as this removes the hair follicle the laser targets.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

OK to Shave after Laser Hair Removal, but Wait One Week

It is perfectly okay to shave post laser hair removal. Most of us would not recommend shaving for the first week or so following the procedure and if done correctly, over time, the incidence for the need to shave should become less and less.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

In Between the Laser Hair Removal

Do not wax, thread, or tweeze. The only methods of hair removal to be used is shaving or trimming. Waxing or tweezing would remove the target for your next treatment and disrupt the synchronization of your hair growth cycle.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon