Can my areolas be reduce in size? I have areolas that take up half of my breasts

My areolas seem to have always covered the majority of my breast. Its very unflattering and it is difficult for me to wear bikini tops or tops in general that show cleavage without part of it showing up. Could the size of these be reduced to a reasonable size? I know they are very large.

Areolar reduction with a lift

You do have large areola and they would be reduced with the surgery you choose. With a breast lift the areola are reduced but in your case it may be that it is done in stages requiring a couple of procedures. The best way to tell you is for you to be seen and evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic  surgeon.I wish you well.Dr. Edwards

Can my areolas be reduce in size?

Yes, areola can certainly be decreased in size;  you may also benefit from breast lifting/reduction surgery to improve breast symmetry.  Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Areolar reduction

Thank you for your question. A combination of breast lift to improve the shape of the breast and are okay reduction will probably achieve what you want. You should discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Areola Reduction Surgery

You appear to be a great candidate for areola reduction surgery.  Because you have laxity of the remaining breast skin as well, I recommend you reduce the diameter of your areolas as part of a breast lift.  I would also be able to improve the symmetry of your breasts at the same time. 

David Stoker, MD