LABIA PLASTY, *wedge method* still swollen, for days! What can I do for a faster healing process? (Photo)

W/enough researching I've finally got the courage to get this procedure done. 6days since the surgery; went under local anesthesia.. The swelling has not went down one bit and I'm starting to freak out..Infection? Over dosage of Anesthesia? Does it look normal/okay? I have to get back to work in a couple more days.Any suggestions on faster healing methods? Been icing, showers everyday, using a waterbottle while going to the bathroom, why is the swelling not going down? Please help!

Swelling after wedge labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. . It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4=6 months.
Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks. This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals.
Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help. Direct massage may be useful

Swelling after wedge reduction

I reviewed your photo. As the invented of the central wedge reduction almost twenty years ago, it looks like the labia are swollen but fine.  Don't worry as your swelling will decrease over time but it will take about 6 weeks for 80% of the swelling to go away. Just follow-up with your doctor to make sure that you are not infected but I doubt it.  It looks like your doctor did fine.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Swelling

Hello, thank you for your question. This is a very vascular area, and swelling sometimes takes a little longer to subside. Talk to your Plastic surgeon, maybe he / she can help you by prescribing something else for inflammation 

Jose Leon, MD