Is it normal to for your boobs to look more cone like right after a breast aug?

Just got my boobs done, I was a B and I had 500 ccs put in. They look like cones instead of being round. Is that normal at first? And they are resting where my boobs normally sit. Shouldn't they be up higher at first?

Your breasts are in a transitional phase.

Your breasts can look a bit odd for the first couple weeks after breast augmentation as the swelling goes down and your body heals and adjusts to the breast implants. Swelling could also be obscuring the placement if you are a few days post-op. Your breast implants might be slightly higher than you think. Still, it’s too early in your recovery process to see your final results. It can take 3 to 4 months for breast implants to soften and 6 months for the implants to settle into the breast pocket. The shape and appearance of your breasts could change during that time.

At this point you are early in the healing process. Swelling will continue to settle and implants will continue to settle for the next 3 months. Follow up with your surgeon as directed.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breasts look like cones after breast augmentation

Without the benefit of photos or an exam, your description sounds normal for the immediate post-operative period.  I will take several months for the implants to fully relax and obtain a more natural appearance.  Best wishes.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. You are very early in the post-operative period and swelling is to be expected. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and the implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Mishapened breasts

Without a preoperative and postoperative photograph to compare it's hard to say what is going on. For the most part, it may take many months for the breast implant to drop down to the bottom of the pocket stretching it out such that the rounded appearance of the implant is seen through the breast gland and skin. I would follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon as he or she knows what you look like before and it can evaluate where you are presently. Good luck with your recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Its hard to say, without the benefits of photographs, to advise you. Generally speaking, breast to not look "normal" for several weeks after breast augmentation in many cases.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. It may take this period of time for the breast to soften and for the breast implants to settle ("drop and fluff").
From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months (and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. 
In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Photographs for a physical examination would be helpful in answering this question. In general immediately after breast augmentation there is a significant amount of swelling in the tissues. This may distort the shape of the breast. It will take about 2-3 months for the swelling to decrease so that you may see what your final result may look like. If you are concern early stage in your course I would discuss this with your surgeon. I would continue to be patient in this endeavor.

Best wishes
Theodore T Nyame M.D.

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician