How Much Does Fraxel Laser Cost?

How much does Fraxel cost? Considering the older Fraxel restore laser... Is Repair more expensive?

Fraxel or Not Fraxel

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have noticed everything (from a Chanel purse to lasers!) have "knock-offs!" I am a purse junkie so I can relate!

Therefore, be very careful that you are actually getting Fraxel and not lasers marketed as Fraxel but made with cheaper parts from a different manufacturer. Here's why!

Fraxel is one of the best technologies to use. It is so expensive and each time the laser is used the doctor has to buy you a new tip to use on your skin. This makes the process pricey. Cheaper alternatives are not only less expensive for offices to acquire but also do not require the disposable tips. This makes them cheap to advertise.

Here is the price tag: with other lasers you are at higher risk of discoloration, and downtime. In fact, we tried three other lasers that discolored my sister, burned by office manager's chest and scarred my hand before we settled on the safe and true Fraxel.

To makes things even more confusing, Fraxel makes 4 different machines for various purposes. Each has a use and price associated with the treatment. This makes price shopping somewhat complicated!

Because of the fractionated technology, people need more than one treatment with the Fraxel 1550, hence buying packages makes it cheaper. Our office also offers packages for face, neck chest arms etc. The basic treatment is $950. Same Fraxel I use on me is what I use on my beautiful patients. Simple enough!

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Cost of Fraxel

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to give you an exact price, because it fluctuates based on where you live and how many treatments you need. However, a general range for Fraxel is from $1,000-$2,000.

How Much Does Fraxel Laser Cost?

Depending on the areas you are treating, lower face, full face, full face, neck and chest a Fraxel treatment can range from $800.- $1500.  We see amazing results with this treatment and usually recommend a series of 2-4 depending on the amount of sun damage one has. 

As with any treatment, it is always best to consult a board certified dermatologist prior to make sure you are an appropriate candidate and I always recommend researching the experience level of your provider.  Ask to see before and after pictures or to speak with a patient who has been treated recently so they might share their experience with you. 

Megin Scully, MD
San Francisco Dermatologist

Fraxel REstore / Dual is different and less expensive than Fraxel REpair laser resurfacing in our NYC practice

the 1550 nm. Fraxel laser is the same in the Restore or Dual model. (Dual refers to the upgraded model that has a 1927nm. wavelength in addition for evening brown coloration issues such as freckles and uneven pigmentation). The 1550 nm., whether in Clearn& Briliant or Fraxel Restore or Dual, is done as a series of laser resurfacing treatments is less expensive per treatment than one Fraxel Repair, Carbon dioxide laser treatment that is usually done once. The series of Fraxel Restore laser treatments may involve several and could total more than the cost of the one Fraxel Repair laser. The downtime is significantly different and the choice of the laser is dependent on the condition a patient has and I evaluate this in my consultations and explain the best treatment plan to my patient and then we provide an exact quote of the price of the treatment(s).

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel cost

Price for laser treatments varies widely depending on your area.  We are using our fractional non-ablative 1540 laser (similar to fraxel, which is a brand name) for treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, skin tone and texture issues, and even some pigment correction, as well as acne and surgical scarring.  A single session is around $500 for the full face, but we also sell packages of 3 treatments which are even more affordable.  In addition, the 1540 can be combined with an IPL in the same session for even better pigment correction and treatment of prominent facial vessels, redness, and rosacea, and can also be combined with the fractional ablative 2940 erbium laser for dramatic resurfacing results.

Best wishes

Daniel J. Givens, MD
Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel pricing.

Fraxel laser treatments are one of the most popular offered for correcting fine lines, acne scarring, discoloration, and overall rejuvenation. We are using the Fraxel for almost anywhere on the body with great consistent results, and very happy patients. The pricing for Fraxel treatments can vary depending on the size of the area being treated and the intensity. The average price for a full face treatment by a physician in our practice in New York is $1000, and the backs of the hands can range around $400. It depends on where you are being treated and the size of the area. This laser treatment has a very short downtime and delivers great results.
- Dr. P

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Fraxel Treatments

A full face Fraxel treatment is around $800.00-$1200.00 in our area. As you can see from various responses, the cost changes a little according to where you are and what you would like done. I recommend not letting cost be your only deciding factor. Find a well-trained and experienced physician that you can establish a relationship with. You will get the best results this way.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Fraxel Laser Treatments

Fraxel Re:store treatments in our area cost $1000 per treatment for the face.  Few people get just one treatment, however.  The deep dermal collagen stimulation really sets in after 3-4 treatments.  We encourage a course of 4 treatments, which costs $3500.  Adding more areas of treatment will add some additional cost savings.

Cost of Fraxel Restore Montreal

The cost of the Fraxel Restore laser treatments vary according to the size of the area treated but in our clinic in Montreal usually range between $700.00 - $1200.00 per treatment. The costs can be considerably less when patients buy a package of treatments.

Arie Benchetrit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Fraxel

Fraxel repair is more expensive that Fraxel restore. Fraxel repair is usually a single treatment. Restore requires a series of treatments.

The cost of either treatment varies depending on the experience and skill of the physician, the areas treated, as well as on the geographic location.

Call a few practices in your area to get an idea of the costs in your area. Please don't let the cost be your deciding factor as sometimes it costs much more to fix something that was performed improperly.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon