Is my 36D Size Breast Ok? (photo)

hey! I am 29 yrs old with 36D breast.5' 3'' tall .Do my breasts need to lift or my nipple upper.I want full balanced breasts.

To lift or not to lift, that is the question

Restoring shape and volume is what breast enhancement procedures are all about.  When there is loose skin, this must be addressed.  There are many options available with different lift procedures and a multitude of breast implant options.  Here is a basic list of the four options available:

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)
  2. Breast lift combined with a small breast implant (below the muscle)
  3. Breast lift followed by a large breast implant (2 separate procedures)
  4. Breast implant alone (on top of the muscle, silicone)

Every woman is built differently and every breast is different, even on the same person.  So, each procedure is customized for every individual.  The final decision on how to proceed can be made after a history and physical examination, detailed measurements, photographs, computer simulation, trying on sizers, reviewing before and after photographs of other women similar in shape and size and talking with your surgeon.  A surgical plan will be developed that depends on:

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs breast enhancement procedures frequently.  This is an outpatient procedure with a quick recovery and a very high patient satisfaction rating.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

Your breasts have Grade C ptosis which is the most advanced so if you want perky breasts the answer is a resounding yes.  They are certainly large enough so no implant is necessary.  If the sag is not an issue for you then don't do anything.  

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Balancing your shape with a lift

If you like your size and shape when you have them supported in a bra, then a lift is your answer.  With your situation, implants will not give you what you are looking for.....and could make them worse!  I have been using internal tissue suspension for many years, which not only gives the upper fullness but has also increased the longevity of the result.  I think the latter is due to the fact that your tissue becomes more "self-supporting" and not just relying on the skin for support.  It didn't hold them up the first time, so we can't just rely on the skin the second time.

Myles Goldflies, MD

Looking at your photos, I think an uplift will work nicely

Looking at your photos, the nipples are at the lowest point of the breasts (Grade 3 ptosis). In such cases an uplift will remove extra skin and lift the nipples. The nipple size (the diameter of the dark circular areola) can also be reduced to improve the look, if that is what you wish.

Some surgeons suggest having breast implants to avoid an uplift. I think you cannot choose this option (unless you want to have huge huge implants! These will drop down very quickly in any case, so definitely a bad idea).

After an uplift only, the breasts often look and feel smaller, so you might want to consider implants as well if you think this will be an issue for you. Try on a non-padded sports bra and look at the size of your breasts. If they are big enough, then an uplift only is a good option. If too small, maybe combine an uplift with implants. If they are too big, then a breast reduction is for you.

Good luck!

Breast Lift Can Enhance Breast Appearance

Thanks for your question and photos.
The breast lift or mastopexy is a number of different techniques that can lift a droopy breast, reshape the breast, move the nipple and areola to a better position, and adjust the size of the areola.
You may be a candidate for breast lift if you are looking to improve the shape of your breasts and have more fullness to the upper part of your breasts.
Consult with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

36D Breasts

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift, or mastopexy, will lift the breast and nipple to a more youthful position.  If you are happy with the size of your breasts, then a lift alone will likely give you the look your desire.  A breast lift with augmentation can be performed for those women looking for fuller/larger breasts.  On the other hand, tissue can be removed at the time of a breast lift to reduce the size of the breast for those women who would like a reduction in size (breast reduction).  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and learn which surgical procedure is appropriate to accomplish those goals.  

36D size breasts

Thanks for your question; In my opinion a breast reduction and lift will give a perkier look to your breasts. Look for a certified PS to do your procedure.

Regards.

Kemil Issa, MD

Do I need a breaset lift?

I would recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Patients who have low set nipples and/or stretched skin often benefit from a breast lift to reposition the nipples and create an improved breast shape.   Upper breast volume can be enhanced with a breast implant or fat grafting.   You need to have a consultation to discuss your desired outcome and understand the pros and cons to different surgical treatments.

Dr. Michelle Spring

Breast Lift Will Give You a Nice Outcome

Breast lift surgery will use the volume that you already have and reposition it higher, perkier, and tighter on your chest.  However, if you already like the shape of your breasts, then you should not do anything!

Lift needed?

Many patients with appearances similar to yours come to me seeking a breast lift.  A lift will make your breasts perkier, it will add upper breast fullness and it will reduce the size of the areolas.

David Stoker, MD