Any Help for Saggy Neck After Weight Loss Apart from Neck Lift with Combo Facelift? (photo)

I have consulted with a plastic surgeon who feels the only option at this time would be both facelift and neck lift. I am not completely against the idea, however, at 42, I would really like to put off a face lift until I am in my mid 50's or so. Would any of the available non-surgical treatments offer any sort of relief until I feel I am ready for a facelift. Mainly, my neck is a concern as it appears in every photo and makes me feel much older.

Neck & Facelift Combo for Saggy Neck After Weight Loss

It's difficult to determine if a non-surgical treatment will address your concern. Non-surgical treatments are an option. While they may improve the appearance of your concern, many repeated treatments may be required. A board-certified plastic surgeon should evaluate both your anatomical features and aesthetic goals to determine which option best suits your individual needs.

During an in-person consultation, your chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline.The presence of banding down the front of the #neck, and, amount of excess skin and condition of your skin are among some factors which determine if you are a #candidate for #rejuvenating the neck. For individuals with signs of aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results.

If deemed a candidate you may want to consider Lite-lift™ which is an affordable, quick, and effective innovative facelift developed by board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Larry Nichter and myself. 

This is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with stable skin elasticity, well-defined bone structure but showing early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or #general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™. All in all, Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient. 

According to your evaluation, your plastic surgeon may give you more than one option to choose from. Also, she or he can recommend non-surgical methods if suitable. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Non-surgical Radiofrequency Skin Tightening for Face and Neck

I understand your hesitancy about having surgery of the face or neck at the age of 42, however the photos clearly show excess skin. This is usually a genetic trait which can be accelerated by other lifestyle factors. In my practice, I've operated on many people in their early 40's who look older than their actual age (For example: One of my patients was a 42 year old woman who had a small child and was frequently asked if she was the grandmother). This being said, you may consider a non-surgical radiofrequency-based skin tightening procedure such as Pelleve with the understanding that the results would not be the same as a surgical neck lift.

Face/neck lift is the best option

A neck lift in combination with a facelift is the best option according to the pictures presented.  This will include a comprehensive lower face neck lift, which will tighten the jowls, facial skin, neck skin, platysmal muscle in the front and posterior portions of the neck and removal of fat from above and below the platysmal muscle.  This also includes platysmaplasty, which will give more definition to the jaw/neck angle.  This is all done under a general anesthesia and takes approximately 2-1/2 hours to perform. 

Face/neck lift is the best option

Can my saggy necks can be treated after weight loss, combined with a facelift? Help!

after significant weight loss. There is often a lot of saggy and loose skin of the face and neck. Face and neck lifting is in a deal treatment for this and can give a tremendous degree of rejuvenation with improvement of appearance. Nothing beats the removal of skin when you have excess skin. It's as simple as that. A full face and neck lift often combined with eyelid surgery can return you to looking as good as you feel. These procedures are frequently done many times under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis for they can be performed under general in Ossetia with an overnight stay in a certified facility. The overall risk of complications. Fortunately, are unusual in the discomfort associated with face and neck lifting when properly performed is usually minimal. Best wishes – good luck. Dr. Joseph Hunstad

Facelift is necessary for best aesthetic results

Thank you for the photographs and I completely agree with the Plastic Surgeon who evaluated you. Any non surgical techniques would be a waste of money and your best results would come with a full facelift. A facelift is not determined always by age but upon necessity due to the laxity of the skin. This will vary in patients due to heredity, weight loss and other outside factors. Many patients have facelifts at your age and if you are considering the procedure it is best to do it sooner then later for ultimal results. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Michael Elam, MD

Any Help for Saggy Neck After Weight Loss Apart from Neck Lift with Combo Facelift?

Based upon the great posted photos I see no non surgical therapy that can replace a well done full face/neck lift. 

Thanks for including photos, that really helps. You have a little fat pocket under your chin that could be removed with liposuction, but that won't really solve the problem of too much skin with poor elasticity. I agree with your surgeon. The neck skin needs to be tightened and pulled UP. That puts it into a facelift. Your age when you get a facelift is inconsequential. When you feel you are ready for it, then it is time. It sounds like you are bothered enough by the appearance that you are ready.