How Long After Dysport Can I Proceed with my Heavy Workouts which Include Lost of Sweating?

How long should I wait to do conitnue with my heavy work outs (lots & lots of sweating) after being injected with Dysport for crowsfeet and between eyes?

Best to avoid exercise the day an injection is done

With our patients, we usually recommend a break from strenuous activities (i.e. exercise) on the same day that the injections were performed. The downtime is minimal for dermal fillers, but better safe than sorry . . . so we'd recommend waiting 24 hours.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Working out after Dysport

I recommend that my patients wait at least 24 hours after getting Dysport or Botox to start exercising again.

Dennis Gross, MD

Physical Activity After Dysport Injections

I normally advise patients to refrain from strenuous activity and exercise for 12 hours after their treatments.

Dysport

I would recommend that you refrain from any strenuous exercise within the first 24 hours of receiving Dysport.  After this time, you should be fine.

Sam Naficy, MD

Post Dysport Treatment and Exercise

Thank you for your question. The usual recommendation is no vigorous exercise for the first 24 hrs. You should be fine to do your daily activities after this time period. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Working Out After Dysport

Any exercise after Dysport, Botox or any other injections is fine. Its ok to go on about your normal workout routine and daily activities immediately after a Dysport treatment.

Timeframe to See Results of Dysport

Dysport, which is an alternative to Botox, has different effects on different individuals. This is due to physiological differences.  The strength of your muscles can certainly be a variable in the outcome. And this may warrant additional quantities at the discretion of your physician. Results can take up to a week to two weeks.

For some patients, Dysport may not give them the results they want. Botox should then be considered.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise after Botox or Dysport

I like my patients to remain upright for 4 hours after their injections. I also prefer they not work out the remainder of the day. They can work out before their treatnment, but I treat this as a procedure and prefer they postpone a vigorous work out until the next day.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Post-NeurotoxinTreatment Instructions

In my practice, I discuss with all my neurotoxin patients a post-treatment protocol which includes not exercising or laying down for a minimum of 4 hours after the treatment. I also instruct them to do certain exercises in the treated areas after those first 4 hours.  All instructions are outlined on a handout that we send them home with. The reason for postponing exercise is to minimize possible diffusion of the toxin and to minimize bruising.  However, it probably doesn't really make a difference and many patients forget despite being given reminder instructions. 

Exercise after botox or Dysport

In our practice we recommend waiting 4 hours after injections before working out.  The concern is that the product will diffuse into other areas.  As other panel members, this may not be necessary, but is simple enough to follow to insure good outcomes.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD