I Am Having Teostyal Rendensity 11 Injected into my Tear Troughs? (photo)

Im slighty scares to think id get a lump under my eye with this filler can you really resolve it if this hapoens . Is their a high risk of lumps occurring does many patients experience adverse reactions from this filler. Im only 30 and their not tht bad looking should i wait

Doctor Answers 5

Doesn't look like appropriate!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Redensity II is an expandable filler adhering water molecules thus leading to excessive swelling (or a lump like bulging) at tear trough area if injected excessively. It's not a very useful tool in poor candidates. As I see in your picture there's a slight volume deficiency at your cheeks. I believe that slight filling of your cheek will diminish your tear trough depression. That's the usual approach in my office. First I repair deficiency that accentuates the tear trough only after that if appropriate I use very little amount of Redensity II. But you should also be aware that if you have purple discoloration under your eyelid filling with redensity may accentuate the color. For that reason it's better if you use Teosyal advanced filler roll-on. It thickens your eyelid skin thus blocks the visibility of the vasculature under the skin (which is the main cause of that purple color).

Best regards.


Kamran Efendioglu

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I've seen great results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Teosyal Redensity II has achieved beautiful improvements of the tear troughs for my patients by filling out the hollowness in the area. It also contains vitamins and other beneficial nutrients that help minimize dark circles. The risk of developing lumps isn’t higher with this filler than others. It’s more the technique of the injector that you should consider. Make sure to have your treatment performed by an experienced injector who has used Teosyal before.

Redensity ll is a fantastic product for filling under eye hollows.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Redensity ll is a fantastic product for filling under eye hollows. Injectors have various ways to apply the product. Make sure you find an experienced injector to help you achieve your goals. If you are unhappy with the product there are enzymes available to dissolve the product.

Hope this helps.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 517 reviews

You might also like...

Use of redensity under the eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Redensity 11 is a great product for fillling in under eye hollows. It can substantially enhance ones appearance and in most cases provide beautiful natural results. It ideal in women in their later Thirties with medium to darker skin tones. As with all products there is a need for expertise in its use. I typically use a blunt cannula method of injection and inject deep to avoid lumps. The filler should be placed deep to the muscle and over bone. I agree with some of the other comments that you still have some mild volume loss at your cheek eyelid junction which could be enhanced with a small amount of additional filler. If youreally have concerns and want the product removed it can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 118 reviews

Tear trough injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hollowing under the eyes makes you look tired and worn down. If cover up is not working, you may want to consider Redensity 11 under your eyes. In my experience, I believe that this product gives a very natural, soft look when injected in a very cautious, selective way into the base of the tear troughs and massaged upwards. I use an incredible amount of other fillers in my office, including Juvederm and Restylane and Radiesse, but I have found Redensity 11 to give the best results when injected properly into this area. I have never seen a Tindell effect in this area from this product, or excessive swelling or edema. I have never needed hyaluronidase to correct this product. But let me state emphatically, this area is a very sensitive area to treat and only expert injectors should attempt this treatment.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.