I have mini implants. Is it safe to have an MRI?

Implants and MRI

Yes, it is safe. Your technician will ask you questions regarding metals in your body before taking the MRI. They can adjust settings in the study. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Mini dental implants

It is usually safe to have MRI with dental implants. Mini dental implants are the same as other dental implants. 

You should be fine

MRIs use magnets to create the image, and dental implants are usually made of titanium which is not magnetic. There are technically other materials but those are non-metallic and I've never heard of mini implants made of anything but titanium. You should be totally fine to get an MRI, but it's always a good idea to disclose anything like this to your doctor or nurse at the MRI appointment. Dental implants are very common, and they should be familiar with them to verify you're good to go. 

Andrew Currie, DMD, MS
Atlanta Dentist

MRI and Mini Implants

A dental implant won't cause a problem with an MRI. Even if a crown is metal, it won't be an issue. Crowns, bridges, silver amalgam fillings, implants, they're all safe.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Dentist