Lower pole empty 7 weeks post op. Will they drop and look any better? If not, how can I fix them? (Photo)

I had under the muscle implants 7 weeks ago and the longer time that passes the worse they look the right is completely empty had band on 24/7 still no imptovement i rang surgeon to quirey if they were dual plane he said no full unders so will the drop and look any better and if not how can i fix? Btw they are 300cc

Any solution has advantages and disadvantages

Probably you must wait and give it more time to heal up, even if I don’t think that the problem will improve much. Any solution has disadvantages.
The solution that I would prefer most would be to do a small mastopexy.
If you are not happy with the scars, the second solution would be to put a bigger implant and one centimeter lower on the chest.
Keep a good communication with your doctor. If you listen to many different opinions you would probably be confused. This happens because, as I told you, any solution has advantages and disadvantages, so each surgeon may have a different opinion.

Implants

Thank you for your question and photo. At seven weeks post-op, you are still in the healing process which is too early to assess the final results of your surgery. Instead, you should wait about three months before even considering a revision. During this time, your breasts should settle into place and reduce in swelling. Please be sure to closely follow the instructions of your operating surgeon regarding post-op care for optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Lift?

You look like you might benefit from a small lift to achieve more upper pole fullness. Best of luck with your results.

Implant positioning after a breast augmentation

A larger implant or the use of a shaped anatomic implant may be beneficial.  The only other choice would be to consider a breast lift.  You had mild breast sagging preoperatively so your result was relatively predictable and overall not that bad.  Just may not be what your were expecting.  

Lower pole empty 7 weeks post op.

The lower pole does not lack fullness. You have two options, either to get a larger implant or consider mastopexy. Consult your plastic surgeon. 

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Implant Positioning

Based on your pictures you have plenty of lower pole fullness. You would benefit most from a lift to bring your natural breast tissue on top of the implants to give you perky, fuller breasts. You could likely use a larger implant. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  

#PlasticSurgery #BreastAug #Implants #BreastImplants #choosingimplants #surgeryprep

Unlikely to improve

You need a much larger implant in dual plane position or a lift to move your native breast tissue back over the implant and tighten loose lower pole. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck. 

Lower pole empty 7 weeks post op. Will they drop and look any better? If not, how can I fix them?

In my over the internet opinion the size was to small. I think 450 cc would be better with more inferior dissection or a donut lifting....

Implants at 7 weeks

Thanks for your post and photos. I do think you are likely to see at least a little more "settling" of the implants over the next few months. But, still, you seem to have a very nice result. I'm not sure you'd really want the implants to be much lower on your chest wall? I would simply keep up your followup appointments with your surgeon, and let he/she know your concerns. There are always additional choices. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Hi Kaylanick from Virginia,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that,it is common to have implants settle at different rates. If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result. Also if they are textured or smooth, saline and silicone will also drop at different rates. You are still early so give it some more time.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon