What is the largest silicone implant on the market? My ps told me 800 cc is the biggest silicone implants made.

I am 57 years old and had a double mastectomy. I wore about a 38 D Prior to breast cancer. I had the expander exchange 5/17/16. Prior to surgery he told me they would really project & I will b happy & bigger than before. I AM NOT BIGGERAt my 3 week follow up i told him I was very unhappy with the size. He said that he placed the largest silicone implants in. He said " if I were to put 800 cc implants on a 100 lb woman she would look like a circus act!" He said if I lose weight they would project

This is very frustrating for us as plastic surgeons because certainly women are deserving of much larger size implants than 800cc in certain situations. When you discuss this with the manufacturers, they would be more than happy to make a larger volume implant but the FDA has put restrictions on them since implants were mainly used for augmentation purposes and their original thoughts were not to use or ever need more than 800 cc to augment a breast , seemingly being oblivious to reconstruction patients who were large breasted.

Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

Your surgeon is correct in telling you that 800cc silicone get implants are the largest on the market.  Additional volume can be gained by fat grafting or alternatively by adding tissue from a flap.  Body shape and size play a large part in reconstruction and postoperative appearance.

Trent D. Douglas, MD

Largest silicone implant

Thank you for your question.  Indeed, your surgeon is right.  800cc is the largest silicone breast implant on the market.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Reconstruction

Your plastic surgeon is right. The largest implant made and available in the U.S. is 800 cc.
You want more volume then you will need a flap and implant.