I recently had a treatment with the Fraxel Dual machine. Only one pass was done. Is that enough?

I had one round of the Fraxel for pigmentation and one round of regular Fraxel. She only went over my face one time with the regular Fraxel. Is that enough? I've been reading that 4-8 passes are usually done. Did I get ripped off?

Multiple Passes Are Typical

Thanks for your question, DixieJune. Yes, typically Fraxel DUAL requires several passes across the skin to achieve optimal results. However, it really depends on your individual needs as well as the device settings your practitioner chose. Unfortunately, without the complete details of your treatment session and your skin condition, there's no way for me to know whether one pass was enough. I recommend giving your practitioner's office a call to learn more about why they chose to do one pass and the type of results you can expect. Best wishes.

San Diego Dermatologist

Can be adjusted...

Typically the guideline is 6-8 passes, depending on your skin type. With Fraxel RE:Pair, one pass can be achieved with an over ride, however with Dual, it would somewhat unusual for just one pass, unless the computer lays a higher density with one pass- sorry, you will have to talk to your Specialist regarding the final density and treatment level. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual laser

Depending on the skin type and the skin condition being treated, 8 passes are typical with the Fraxel Dual regardless of which laser wavelength is used.  If you are concerned about your treatment, please speak to your doctor.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual

Typically 8 passes of the laser are performed for each section of the face with Fraxel Dual.  I would verify the treatment with my physician and call with any questions.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel DUAL / Restore

The normal amount people use is 6-8 passes.  I am unsure what you know of as "one pass" and I think you should discuss this with your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.